Caribou Gear

Roundup, MT Urban Deer Hunt: Live

It's nothing like that. These deer spook out side of bow range. You can only hunt in certain areas, with safety being a major concern. And buck numbers are very low. There isn't anything even close to 140 running around.
This is a management hunt; the whole point is to have a local population effect. This special hunt is separate from any other region or state deer management plans.

I really didn't think it would be such a trigger. I posted since it's a unique hunt and an added opportunity for those who want to keep hunting. If you're not excited about it, that's ok. You can move on to other posts that do excite you.
I think it is an interesting hunt/management program, I actually know a few folks that have done it and two or three seasons ago my friend said he anchored a buck by the Busy Bee Cafe. I about lost it when he said that, after like 5 days of hunting said buck...... Good luck to you it'll be interesting to see what shakes out.

I think it is an interesting hunt/management program, I actually know a few folks that have done it and two or three seasons ago my friend said he anchored a buck by the Busy Bee Cafe. I about lost it when he said that, after like 5 days of hunting said buck...... Good luck to you it'll be interesting to see what shakes out.
Busy Bee is quite a ways from any of the sanctioned areas for this particular hunt. You could have done it during the regular season but not sure archery within City limits like that.

Also talking to some locals there are very few Buck's scene that are of decent size. Most of what is in town are does. They think that this hunt might be over as the numbers have greatly decreased.

I really didn't think it would be such a trigger.

Seems like a lot of thin skin in MT. Good for you on extending your hunt. I do a few "herd reduction" hunts put on here by towns and counties when I can draw a tag. You see a lot of deer but they don't get real close to you unless you're in your yard. :D

Just like I am doing for the suburban deer culling program we have here in WI. Ive taken 10 using their tags and 3 others using personal tags. Like you we can shoot both bucks and does. Its a needed program that some might not agree with but they simply dont understand.

Ive only had one encounter with an anti and she was mad at another participant volunteer in this deer culling. She called the President of the subdivision she lived in and the Sheriff's off and the DNR. All responded and did not give her what she wanted (an end to killing deer). She called me and I spent an hour talking her off the ledge and explaining it to her. She finally came around.

Back