Roundup, MT Urban Deer Hunt: Live

We have a herd of landlocked antelope on the old airport. One really nice buck, and a couple of nice bucks and 30 to 40 does.

See them 5 of 7 days and always a joy.

The traffic slows to a stop when near the road. The residents appreciate them,

Live inside the city limits to a mile outside. When building our home, they were constant visitors. Too many homes now. but occasionally visit the pasture behind the barn.

People need to appreciate the local wildlife.

You guys realize this is a management hunt right? The town has decided they need less deer and use archery hunters to do it. Seems like a win win to me. In Helena they just trap em and bolt em. That sound better to you debby downers?

"Town has decided".... you know that town built in a valley that's been ungulate winter range for like... ever... jeez I'm so surprised there are lots of deer there in the winter...

A tale of Montana...

1575558470016.png

1575558527682.png
1575558726884.png

Some hunt when your setup behind the Busby Bee cafe waiting for Mr. Right to stroll on by. Maybe I should come up with my own management hunt and take this guy out that's living behind my shop.

Attachments

• IMG951684.jpg
    IMG951684.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 58
Some hunt when your setup behind the Busby Bee cafe waiting for Mr. Right to stroll on by. Maybe I should come up with my own management hunt and take this guy out that's living behind my shop.
It's nothing like that. These deer spook out side of bow range. You can only hunt in certain areas, with safety being a major concern. And buck numbers are very low. There isn't anything even close to 140 running around.
This is a management hunt; the whole point is to have a local population effect. This special hunt is separate from any other region or state deer management plans.

I really didn't think it would be such a trigger. I posted since it's a unique hunt and an added opportunity for those who want to keep hunting. If you're not excited about it, that's ok. You can move on to other posts that do excite you.

It's nothing like that. These deer spook out side of bow range. You can only hunt in certain areas, with safety being a major concern. And buck numbers are very low. There isn't anything even close to 140 running around.
This is a management hunt; the whole point is to have a local population effect. This special hunt is separate from any other region or state deer management plans.

I really didn't think it would be such a trigger. I posted since it's a unique hunt and an added opportunity for those who want to keep hunting. If you're not excited about it, that's ok. You can move on to other posts that do excite you.

I think we are all just jealous...

I certainly am, looks like a gas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back