Caribou Gear

Rotator cuff surgery

It never happened...gotta love the VA :mad:
That sucks after what you have been through for your country, what is the world coming too?

As for me, I chose to ignore my physio, I have been doing light weights and press ups, today I did a morning on the chain saw, the restriction is showing signs of improvement!

Cheers

Richard

I've never been through a shoulder tear but if it happens I would seriously look at doing stem cell injections. I've heard of dudes getting injections and after a free months the tear heals and all is good. Vut hopefully I won't have to deal with it. Good luck to the OP with recovery!

Sitting here recovering from rotator cuff surgery. Wearing out the floor pacing from one end of the house to the other. Therapy starts Monday, twice a week for 15 weeks, off work for 6 months. They assured me I’d be good to go for my late September antelope trip to Wyoming. A little worried about shooting a rifle,since part of the surgery involved relocating my biceps muscle. Therapist doesn’t think it will be an issue. Anybody have any experience with this? I know shooting a bow is out for this year, more concerned about the rifle aspect of it . Congrats on your successful elk draws! Will be following along with you from home this year !

I too have had my shoulders worked on. I tore my rotator cuff on my left arm and they did surgery to repair that and remove odd bone growth that hindered my shoulder movement. Then four years later, I ripped the upper biceps tendon and partially tore the lower one in my right arm. I am right handed too and that was no fun at family dinners trying to eat or fill my plate. I have no problem shooting a rifle or carrying a pack. After 6 weeks I was lifting weights within restriction limits and when I was completely released to go back to work, I was lifting more weight than before. Orthopedic type injuries is something that affects everyone different. Even so, you should have no real issue hunting as long as you lift smartly. Talk about hurt, I was a screaming baby when I was healing up from the last one. Not sure how my wife tolerated me through it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back