Caribou Gear Tarp

Rob Bishop wish list includes $50 million to transfer federal lands

Oneye

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/322537-gop-chairman-seeks-50m-to-transfer-federal-land

The threat is real, and the attacks seem relentless. Apply pressure to all your representatives as often as you can, and thank the ones that oppose transfer of our public lands. We need to stay involved with our politicians and especially those in the senate. If you have a republican lawmaker in the senate make sure you are contacting them in all forms constantly. As Randy has said, either stand up or stand to lose.

If you think these folks have good intentions for your lands, read what Bishop has requested and why. We knew why they changed the House Rules related to land disposals, but now we see it in full effect.

Bishop is public nuisance #1 if you are a public land user.

They want to take your public lands

And make you pay for the ransacking

While their donors make billions

And you lose your hunting grounds.

#MAGA

The always interesting comment section following the article gives some insight into the non hunting/public land users grasp of this issue.

I was just about to post a link to this. How can we fight this? Will it be part of a budget that will be voted on? Should we start now hammering our congressmen with requests to not include this in the budget?

I was just about to post a link to this. How can we fight this? Will it be part of a budget that will be voted on? Should we start now hammering our congressmen with requests to not include this in the budget?

Yes, call the Capitol switchboard and tell your person you do not support Bishop's budget request. Phone is 202-224-3121.

His mailbox, like so many others is full so call his office in the morning everyone.

Yes, call the Capitol switchboard and tell your person you do not support Bishop's budget request. Phone is 202-224-3121.

I like this one stop shopping number I can put in my phone. Was able to use this number to get ahold of my congressman and one senator. Other one kept giving me a busy signal. Will try again later.

Emailed last night. Called today. His secretary said they have been receiving a lot of calls regarding this issue today. Sad to say, but he is the congressman for my district. I didn't vote for him, and will not ever vote for a candidate advocating for the transfer or sale of public lands.

Emailed last night. Called today. His secretary said they have been receiving a lot of calls regarding this issue today. Sad to say, but he is the congressman for my district. I didn't vote for him, and will not ever vote for a candidate advocating for the transfer or sale of public lands.

Good, I called this morning. If you haven't called, please call his office today. Also be sure to contact your representatives as well and email the committee in the link above. I know everyone, this is getting old, but we knew with this congress it was coming, so now it's time to fight.

Here is an email to the budget committee: [email protected] and there phone number is 202-226-7270, just let them know you want to leave a comment for the budget committee.

Last edited:
Just had a "nice chat" w Bishop staffer, she tried to convince me he is only interested in lands in UT, and denied his legislative intent to buy same. Since I had her ear I included the fact that I am avoiding travel to UT and commerce w UT companies, as in boycott. What a hag.

Next called budget Chair Black's DC office, expressed opposition to budget item for purchase of public lands. Could have expressed opposition to everything else she represents, but figured one thing @ a time.

Last edited:
The staffer of Bishop's that I just talked to seemed to be getting sick of the calls. Time to light up those phone lines!!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back