Rob Bishop must be insane

Oneye

I mean couldn't we just determine this guy must be legally insane yet? He's got some real special interests throwing some serious cash his way to stay this in denial and remain so boldly wrong on something. How the hell did he end up as chairman of the NATURAL RESOURCE committee?

http://m.deseretnews.com/article/86...-bill.html?pg=all?ref=https://www.google.com/

Mike Lee and Rob Bishop- enemies of sportsmen, public land, and the lifestyle you enjoy. STOP VOTING FOR THESE TWO!

Last edited:
We need "Rob Bishop Hates Hunters" bumper stickers.

The fact that Northern Utah Republicans keep reelecting that guy is maddening. I actually voted for a Democrat last year trying to get him out :eek:

I'm surprised that the Deseret News did an article on it and allowed some of the comments...

Rob Bishop is insane!

What the hell Utah, please write or call Rob Bishop and plumb him up. He is trying to drive this bus off a cliff.

"I think I've hit a nerve or at least pocketbook issue somewhere. Anytime somebody becomes vitriolic or vicious on attack ads or personal, I think it means I'm on the right path" -- Congressman Rob Bishop (R) Utah regarding is opposition to funding the LWCF.

WHAT AN A-HOLE!

Anyone who needs a reminder of what LWCF does, just check out the recent Bugle article on Tenderfoot Creek.

Our good buddy Bishop is beside himself since the 2016 Federal Grazing Rate was just bumped to $2.11/AUM. No surprise, he blamed it on the POTUS.

Our good buddy Bishop is beside himself since the 2016 Federal Grazing Rate was just bumped to $2.11/AUM. No surprise, he blamed it on the POTUS.
Someone should email him the equation that is used to calculate it...

Wow! When was the last time it was over $2? (rhetorical question)

24696980092_972eeb56a3_o.jpg

Miller's graph begins at the historical high for the federal grazing rate: $2.36/AUM in 1980. This year marks only the 3rd time in history that the rate has been over $2/AUM (1980-1981).

Insane or just blatantly corrupt and selling his office quid pro quo for donations. Oh wait SCOTUS says that isn't possible because he isn't specifically told to vote for X and we'll give you Y.

Nice chart looks like the fees increase under the Repubs and decrease under the Dems. Sure wish I was in a business where the production costs continually decreased in comparison to inflation.

Miller's graph dramatically and clearly shows why we need cheaper grazing AUMs. What with the price of postage going up, it costs so much more get donations to politicians who look out for the little man,like Rob Bishop. That cuts into the bottom line...

I'm not even a rancher and I can see this. Look at the price supermarket beef! We all know that the cost of postage is going to have to increase and we can't stop inflation otherwise no little kid can have balloons at their birthday party. Beef prices are going to have to go up so beef producers who use public lands can survive.

What was the price for a lb of beef in 1980?

Ground beef sold for $1.82 in 1980. Ground beef averaged $4.18 in 2015. Grazing cost/ground beef price in 1980. $2.36/$1.82. 2016 grazing cost to ground beef $2.11/$4.18

Yep, those public grazers are taking it on the chin.

Ground beef sold for $1.82 in 1980. Ground beef averaged $4.18 in 2015. Grazing cost/ground beef price in 1980. $2.36/$1.82. 2016 grazing cost to ground beef $2.11/$4.18

Yep, those public grazers are taking it on the chin.

Comparing store prices to profit isn't a fair comparison. Live #1300 steers sold Monday for $1.25-1.35/lb. As a life long beef producer, all on private pasture, I can tell you that we don't make $4/lb. There is profit at $1.35. The meat packers are making the real money.

Warmer, serious question, does $2.11 seem like a fair rate?

By the way, not hearing in complaints in my neck of the woods. Only one I am hearing negatives from is Bishop.

$2.11 seems like a bargain. All depends on quality of forage. I hunted BLM in Unit 211 in CO last fall. I wouldn't give you $1 for that, but late Sept is not a good time to judge forage quality.

$2.11 seems like a bargain. All depends on quality of forage. I hunted BLM in Unit 211 in CO last fall. I wouldn't give you $1 for that, but late Sept is not a good time to judge forage quality.
Forage quality, amount and maintenance of infrastructure are things folks often forget to take into account when comparing public and private grazing lease prices. For folks truly interested the CAST report on public lands grazing, while somewhat dated and will cost you $10 to obtain, is a great review of many of the issue surrounding the topic.

My hunting buddy in SD was blown away when I told him the Federal grazing fee. He used to run on BLM near Fort Meade, but that is a bid lease. I think they got out when it hit $30/AUM. Not sure of the current rate on that BLM, but I think it is quite a bit higher now. I have yet to hear any BLM permit holder complain about the rate.

Comparing store prices to profit isn't a fair comparison. Live #1300 steers sold Monday for $1.25-1.35/lb. As a life long beef producer, all on private pasture, I can tell you that we don't make $4/lb. There is profit at $1.35. The meat packers are making the real money.

Warmer- I realize comparing store prices to profit isn't a great comparison to show what is actually being made. However, if beef producers could graze on public land in 1980 at $2.36 AUM with market prices@ 1.86 and stay in business then those same people should be able to be profitable with AUMs @ $2.11 and $4 b market prices.

I don't know what you pay for private pasture, but I'll bet it's a lot more than $2.11. Think of what your privately raised beef would sell for if the public land grazers didn't get what amounts to a subsidized rate. The consumer doesn't know or care whether beef is grazed on private or public, but you are competing for the same market that is $4 ground beef while having to pay a much higher price to bring your privately raised beef to market.

My family raises turkeys back east so I hear you completely when you say you don't make $4 per lb. Turkey farmers feed grain that is raised on privately owned farms. Government subsidies for ethanol and other gimmicks aside, there is a relatively level playing field for feed costs. If 1/3 of turkey farmers got to benefit from federally subsidized grain and the other 2/3 of us had to buy privately produced grain at market rates, I'd view the 1/3 as unfavorable competition for market share, not allies in getting a fair market price for my product.

That's why Rob Bishop complaining that ranchers using federal lands to graze are getting a raw deal doesn't resonate with me.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back