PEAX Equipment

Road question-WY

Djmann

Heading to area 7 for rifle antelope, a little concerned about road access to huntable land. I’ve found the Weston county road map, but how do I know which two tracks are publicly accessible?

Heading to area 7 for rifle antelope, a little concerned about road access to huntable land. I’ve found the Weston county road map, but how do I know which two tracks are publicly accessible?
You hit it already. If it's on the county road map, it's public. Typically it's just those

Thanks, it looks like that makes even some of the walk in areas difficult to access.

Many of the roads on the walk in maps are not on the county map, that’s what confusing me.

Could also call the walkin coordinator for that area, he works with the landowners , that person will know

You hit it already. If it's on the county road map, it's public. Typically it's just those
That is not always the case. Some of those roads are kept on the county road map for first responders to use and they are not public roads.

ClearCreek

That is not always the case. Some of those roads are kept on the county road map for first responders to use and they are not public roads.

ClearCreek
I have never heard of that before. I have called two Wyoming county offices before when I first started to hunt out in Wyoming asking them what is the best way to determine whether or not a road is public vs private and both gave me literally the exact same answer. "Our county produces a very detailed road map that lays out the various types of roads and bridges in our county. Any road named and shown on the map is a road maintained by the county or state and therefore, it can be traveled on by anyone." Paraphrasing of course. They also did point out that there are indeed other roads that exist that are public that aren't shown on the county map such as not all national forest roads are shown.

Carbon county is great, they even literally point out the private ones (not public obviously) and even show you which ones are BLM (not public)!
1662063613796.png

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back