PEAX Equipment

RMEF Edition Kimber 30-naught 6

A better stock wouldn't hurt. Still looks like it should be on 'Sprockets'... ;) Never said a Sako was junk, just used trash to help describe the styling. I know I'll be going with a Kimber.

Buying a gun only for it's styling is a gamble. Kind of like getting a hot looking chick that totally sucks in bed, it really is all looks and functions like crap. ;)

I won one of these at the Kentucky Elk Classic in 2010. It has been sitting in my safe ever since.
Nice gun but too pretty for me to hunt with.
I have been thinking of just selling it. Not sure what to even ask for it.
If any has any idea or is interested let me know.

Nice gun but too pretty for me to hunt with.
Blasphemy!! Hunt it. A few scritches and scratches won't hurt. You can use a place like Gunbroker or Gunsamerica to get an idea of what those are going for. You should still hunt it.

I saw one go for $1200 on Gunbroker.

I had a nice pretty Remingotn once and scratched it up on a hunt and just couldn't stand it. I vowed never again. This Kimber has gold inlays and everything. No way I could hunt it.

The feel and handling is awesome on this one. I just don't have a need for another 30-06. If it was a 325 or something I don't have I would probably keep it.

Noharleyyet, um seems fair enough:rolleyes:

I bought my 84L Select Grade in 30-06 for $1169 last september. It isn't the RMEF, but is the better grade walnut stock with ebony forend cap.

I had the opposite thought, too awesome not to hunt with. It is a shooter too.

The feel and handling is awesome on this one.
Yep, that's all I'd need to know and it'd be getting hunted hard. Those scratches will only remind you of hunts gone by in the future. Those memories would be much more valuable to me than any monetary value it'd retain from remaining pristine. 'Cmon, hunt it!!!!!!

Yep, that's all I'd need to know and it'd be getting hunted hard. Those scratches will only remind you of hunts gone by in the future. Those memories would be much more valuable to me than any monetary value it'd retain from remaining pristine. 'Cmon, hunt it!!!!!!

No Doubt! The only "pretty" pictures I want of any of my rifles is in a trophy photo, leaned up against the animal I just took with it. Can't get any of those when it is sitting in the safe at home, and +1 on the fact that the 84L handles like a dream.

I've carried my 84L 300 win classic thru the Colorado oakbrush many times and it's still best of show IMO.

Hunt it charleyh...will be good for your soul, promise.:)

I get your points and they are good ones. I just already have a good shooting 30-06 and just don't need this one. Pretty or not.
I'd love to trade it for one of the Crimson Carry Kimber 45s.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back