Yeti GOBOX Collection

RMEF and onXmaps free app!

onX Hunt

With the start of spring it means that turkey, bear, mushroom, and shed hunting is upon us. If you are heading outdoors we wanted to remind you that RMEF has partnered with onXmaps to give all RMEF members a one year free subscription to the HUNT app for your Android or IOS device. To learn more about how the HUNT app can help you follow this link http://www.rmef.org/NewsandMedia/Pr...reeonXmapsHUNTAppOfferedtoRMEFMembership.aspx

To get your free HUNT app by onXmaps log in to your myRMEF account at http://www.rmef.org/MyRMEF.aspx and get started today!

It should work on my new phone,but I don't use the pc in it. I have it turned off. It eats the batteries roaming and the data. It's a problem were there is limited coverage or none.

Thanks I think,to RMEF if it does work without extra cost.

Personally I take my Oregon GPS with me and don't leave it turned on either. It does work everywhere here.

We are exploring options with RMEF on a promotion for after the 1 free year. For now just the first year is free from your activations date.

I have the OnXmaps app and it's a great addition to OnXmaps for the GPS. If you have a phone signal the app is faster than a gps.

If you are heistant about the app, dont be. I have used it extensively in AL as I am surrounded by LOTS of public land divided between varying agenices (TVA, USFS, WMA, etc) and it has helped me find access points, kept me within boundaries and let me do lots of research while in endless meetings at work. All one stop shopping, not multiple maps, websites, or other items to cross check.

I started with my RMEF membership for my state, and have since purchased an addtional state. I am a fan.

No need to worry about roaming and data. Once you have the app you can download the areas you want and save them to your phone for offline use.

I took advantage of the RMEF offer last summer when it first came available. I've used it several times in MN where I live.

One of my favorite uses so far was cacheing maps of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. I saved a custom map of my entire BWCA canoe trip. The maps showed all the portages,lakes, rivers etc. I was very impressed. No cell service in the BWCA so I put my phone in airplane mode. All phones will still run GPS in airplane mode. You can track yourself on the maps and navigate using the maps.

My phone has a larger screen and faster processor than any GPS and the GPS in my phone is just as fast at acquiring location. The onXmaps app is one of my favorite hunting tech tools and I run it on my phone.

So I joined the RMEF and followed the link above and downloaded the onX App on my Iphone. I already had an onX account since I recently got their Garmin software for a state out west. Can you choose the state you want to download on the App or does it automatically down load your home state layers? It appears it just down loaded my home state which is kind of a bummer. Don't have much of a need for my home state and would rather have the private land borders when I hunt elk this fall.

Any state you want. From your MyRMEF account click on the free banner, which takes you to our website with your code already entered on the free redemption page. Simply enter your account information you already have with us and use the drop down to pick which state you want. Be sure to log in on the app to get the states under your account.

Cheers,
Matt

I have the OnXmaps app and it's a great addition to OnXmaps for the GPS. If you have a phone signal the app is faster than a gps.

Very common misconception. You do not need phone service to use the gps on your phone.

Any state you want. From your MyRMEF account click on the free banner, which takes you to our website with your code already entered on the free redemption page. Simply enter your account information you already have with us and use the drop down to pick which state you want. Be sure to log in on the app to get the states under your account.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt,
I played with this quite a bit yesterday. I have the app with Idaho loaded already as well as the Idaho chip in my GPS. When I went through the RMEF site and went through the steps, after I got to my phone and opened the app, logged in, etc., the select state was already populated with Idaho and it would not let me change it to Montana and downloaded the landowner info onto the existing Idaho maps on the app.

Great product, thanks for your support of the RMEF. Enjoyed the Team Elk episode you were on recently.

I absolutely love the app as well. I use my garmin with chip when out of phone service, but have found I prefer my phone over the GPS while in service. Switching through the different map and arial layers is the best feature over using a GPS.

Great product and thanks for supporting RMEF!

ERSS,

let me know what email your account is under and I can see what's going on.

Very common misconception. You do not need phone service to use the gps on your phone.

I believe he is referring to the phones assisted GPS which is active when you have phone service vs only using the phones GPS chip when no service is available.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back