Caribou Gear

RIP RBG - no political responses please

True VikingsGuy.

For certain people, when they pass, the life they lived eclipses political views (for me, anyway).

George HW Bush is another one that comes to mind- seems fairly easy to think about their life and just think “wow, that was impressive” whether you agreed with them much or not.

Then again, it is 2020 and the internet so...:rolleyes::)

Would've liked to have been privy to RBG/Scalia fireside chats....with VGuy along as translator. She was a remarkable woman, I'm glad Pres Clinton appt'd.

Would've liked to have been privy to RBG/Scalia fireside chats....with VGuy along as translator. She was a remarkable woman, I'm glad Pres Clinton appt'd.
I really loved the stories about them and their spouses spending New Year's Eve with one another every year - definitely would have been amazing to be a fly on the wall.

Guess a lot of society now can't agree to disagree. We disagree about agreeing to disagree, fully sticking it to the people we don't agree with. Have we as a society become so spiteful that the conceptual idea that we will never fully agree on everything is so foreign, the mere thought of it is incomprehensible to accept? Are we that arrogant or ignorant?

Didn't agree with her on much of anything, probably even pizza toppings. But schitzila, she was one tough human being and I respect her for that. It is possible to respect someone you disagree with.

The constant narcissistic axe grinding by both political sides should be turned into an Olympic event.

I really loved the stories about them and their spouses spending New Year's Eve with one another every year - definitely would have been amazing to be a fly on the wall.

Or maybe not...they may have left their jobs, politics, and positions in the dust and just enjoyed each others company.

I hope that was the case.

Or maybe not...they may have left their jobs, politics, and positions in the dust and just enjoyed each others company.

I assumed they weren’t debating Roe, but two amazing people can be interesting on other topics too. I find interesting people at work often are interesting people outside of work.

Or maybe it was completely Law Latin (banter would be my choice)...thus the wall fly, but, yea, I hope that was the case also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back