MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Rifle hunting for muledeer

Now the question is where to set my goal. I have found a few bucks but haven't decided what I will pull the trigger on. On one hand I would like a decent buck. On the other i have never shot a mule deer buck so I am not to picky.

I just keep asking myself What would Dink do?

Hold out.

Take it from me and a lifetime of shooting dinks. Crap that never makes it out of the shop rafters is easily forgotten about.

Or don't.

What ever tickes your fancy, you will know when the time comes.

Last edited:
I just know, don't shoot anything that looks like this

P1010246.jpg

P1010260.jpg

P1010264.jpg

P1010276.jpg

Looks like Mo is going to get wet. Better add your Mary Poppins umbrella to your drag outfit...

Well at this time my panties are some what bunched. Between school and the weather I haven't had much luck. I did pass a small buck and have seen a lot of elk but no shooters yet. Still have some days left so i will keep you posted. And try to get some pics up. At this point I think some of the lack of success is due to a range finder in yards instead of meters and the fact that a hunter that is as sexy as i am attracts a lot of other hunters around him so it gets crowded.

Big mule deer taste gamey and small mule deer taste gamey. Might as well shoot a big one...

Gotta be careful about trying to mimic what folks do...

This weekend I went to help a hunter pull a cow elk off the hill and find him and the cow already at the edge of the road, along with a gut pile. Knowing he had shot it up the slope a good ways I said "Why did your drag it all the way out and then pull the guts" FYI it was more calf than cow, thus the ability for one guy to drag it.

he said " I did it just like you did last year. And then he opened it up to ask if he got out everything that is supposed to come out when gutting..." I explained the only reason he saw me roll/pull a whole cow down a steep and brushy hill was that I was too dumb to have a knife (or my pack) when helping a gal kill a cow in December. Never thought she would shoot 300 yds and then simply went up to confirn a miss when I found the elk. Easy slide down in the snow to other helpers to wrap up.

Last edited:
Back