rifle chamber scratching brass

sapperJ24

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
420
Location
Western Montana
Looking for thoughts on how to remedy this problem. I thought (hoped) it would go away on its own, and that has not happened. Every piece of brass comes out scratched up, sometimes the scratch is deep enough that I would consider it a gouge as you can catch your nail on it. I picked up a borescope to see what was going on and there's some pretty decent gouges in the chamber.

What is the best way to get this chamber cleaned up? Am I good to keep using the brass with gouges, keeping an eye on them of course? Does this have an impact on accuracy?

20261011_150643.jpg
1791590599710.jpg
1791590544521.jpg1791590834084.jpg
 
Have a gunsmith polish the chamber if you are not comfortable doing it. I personally wouldn't worry about the brass, maybe run it through a tumbler and see what it looks like afterwards.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,187
Messages
2,252,782
Members
39,107
Latest member
wkshaw
Back
Top