Review of prairie pothole easements

Justabirdwatcher

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 25, 2020
Messages
1,258
Location
Wandering
Hey, I used to make USDA property maps for ag producers in Montana, there's a lot more going on behind the scenes there than one might originally think, and there is a lot of clean up remaining to be done. I'm a card-carrying member of the These Guys Are a Bunch Of Crooked Weasels Club but y'all wouldn't believe how much federal money doesn't get distributed correctly to producers simply because the maps are junk. Mostly affects crop-based programs over livestock.

It'll suck the joy of ArcGIS out of you, that's for sure.
 
Last edited:
"Administrative takings," are resolved in the courts. It's not an "Administrative takings," rather a political stunt trying to curry favor before the midterms, so that is being handled via executive branch action.

It's bullshit, but it seems a lot of people are OK being bullshitted.
thanks Randy for standing up & calling BULLSHIT
 
Hey, I used to make USDA property maps for ag producers in Montana, there's a lot more going on behind the scenes there than one might originally think, and there is a lot of clean up remaining to be done. I'm a card-carrying member of the These Guys Are a Bunch Of Crooked Weasels Club but y'all wouldn't believe how much federal money doesn't get distributed correctly to producers simply because the maps are junk. Mostly affects crop-based programs over livestock.

It'll suck the joy of ArcGIS out of you, that's for sure.
Also amazing how much federal (aka taxpayer) money gets distributed to wealthy landowners in the name of "habitat improvement" on private ground you and I will never be allowed to set foot on.
 
Also amazing how much federal (aka taxpayer) money gets distributed to wealthy landowners in the name of "habitat improvement" on private ground you and I will never be allowed to set foot on.

Hell yeah it is. You wouldn't believe the millionaires who are getting subsidies to thin timber (that they sell), build green houses, and do dock repairs on their lakefront properties. Absolutely appalling. And one of the things they use to scam even more money out of us is crummy maps. I had one particularly bad actor duck me for months when I was trying to redo all of his boundaries on his "grazing" land and "haying" land that was covered in aggregate pits because his business is sand and gravel, not grazing and haying that his dad stopped doing 35 years ago. I just flat out unenrolled him from the programs.

The sheer audacity of some of these people. FSA and NRCS have to deal with the scheming and devising all day, every day.
 
Back
Top