Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Results of the season so far

Hunter71

Hey everybody, I would like to thank those of you that have helped out so far. Here is the graph of this season as it stands

02Graph.gif

I hope you guys are keeping me up to date, if everybody who reads this would fill out a form, I think I could come up with some really helpful graphs.
The form is here www.thehunterseye.com/sightingsurvey/sightingsurvey.htm
Its a free sight without advertisers or asking for any personal information

Thanks,
Johnnie

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-14-2002 07:39: Message edited by: Hunter71 ]</font>

Those are very interesting results, Johnnie! I wonder though, if the relative lack of sightings at midday are because deer aren't moving as much, or because many hunters aren't in the field? Hmm.

Darren has an excellent point. Most hunters go into camp for lunch and they don't see many deer when they are eating..

I tend to stay in the field all day and sit somewhere with a good view and spot with my glasses while I'm snacking.. I've seen lots of deer and elk when it's warm. Mostly what I've seen at that time are animals moving away from the few hunters who are afield.

:cool:

Actually guys, the percentages are based on input from each time period. When that chart says that 5% of the hunters saw deer at 1pm. That is 5% of the people that have actually reported being on stand at 1pm. The percentages are based on people hunting at those times only. And you guys are right, most hunters are not in the woods during midday. But note this,(check out last years graphs also), if you see a deer during midday, its even odds on being a doe or a buck. Its the only time of day you get those odds, usually the does are more prevalent.

Thanks for the help,
Johnnie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back