Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

results from '09

snake river rufus

Well only two of us made it down there.
We hunted the Santa Rita ranch SE of Freer on 2000 acres. We stayed in the ranch house, which was very nice and well maintained. There were 8 blimds varying from 10' to about 25' tall and 10 senderos crossing the property. The ranch had the best sight in range that I've yet to see outside of a gun club. Target stands @ 50, 75 and 100 yds and the range goes back past 200 yds with a good berm at the end, nice solid bench. The kitchen was fully equiped including a microwave.

There is a pond (fed by a well) on the property and it was the only one for several miles around. The brush was as thick ( and prickly) as any I've seen. Heavy duty chaps are required as well as something to protect arms and torso. Heavy canvass minimum. The hogs are very nocturnal so be prepared. A red dot sight or spotlight or night vision something along those lines.

Twice as I came out in the morning there were pig tracks over the my boot prints from the night before. There are a lot of hogs there but tough to get to.
I'm thinking of going back in the fall to mix a little dove shooting and preditor calling in.

I tried for about an hour one morning in Texas last spring...I showed mercy on several more on my way to fetch the truck. Could have been much worse if I would have tried even harder.

179.JPG

Went back out later and didnt really try...should have had 3-4 but they scurried off. The bolt just doesnt work fast enough some times.

174.JPG

All in all, pretty good test of the 60 grain partitions from the 22-250 that day.

Now you see those there fancy barnes bullets performed excellent on this there texas hunt I went on. My barnes bullets peform excellent on paper buzz, and I don't care what you think of that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back