Yeti GOBOX Collection

Remington Model 7 .260 Remington

Pagosa

Remington Model 7 .260 Remington stainless steel. I purchased this rifle for my daughter and it’s currently too much recoil for her, she probably needs a .223/.243. We shot it 8 times and it shoots good. Comes with a ZEISS Terra 3x 3x9, a spare composite stock, and two boxes of Remington match 140 grain. $1400 or it’s staying with until she gets older. Thanks for looking. Preston

Can you add a mercury recoil reducer? Basically drill a hole the butt and insert 2lbs of weight. Shoot light bullets.

That's a fantastic little rifle. They are hard to find and non longer made. I wouldn't part with it.

Also maybe pick up a Howa mini in 6.5 grendel. Hardly any kick and are quite reasonably priced. I think it's a great starter rifle. My son hopefully will have a chance to use it on a caribou this fall.

People go to a lot of trouble to avoid using a 223.

I’m going to take you guy’s advice. I put on a limbsaver on it to get our eye away and I will try some handloads. We will try it over spring break in the next few weeks. I appreciate the advice. Preston
Bullets in the 110-120 range and some H4895. If you can’t find any let me know and I can meet you in Missoula or somewhere close.

@Pagosa try the Barnes 100TTSX, or the 85gr Hammer Hunter, both should reduce recoil dramatically if you don't try to push them to the max.
Run them hard though. Copper bullets need velocity, and I wouldn't reduce them too much. If you do, be mindful of that in your effective range calculations.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back