Yeti GOBOX Collection

Remington Core-Lokt for elk

@Rancho Loco, would you use Remington Core-Lokts to hunt at all?

uh6ox.jpg

Keep your range reasonable and your shot placement in the vitals and they’ll do just fine especially in any of the calibers you mentioned

They've killed many elk for us too. Out of our 30.06 rifles at 200 yards or less. If you need to shoot your elk farther, there is likely better ammo.

My 7mm’s love them. One shot kills moose ,elk , deer 175 gr. Now my 30 06 love Nosler Accubonds

None of those will work. I didn’t know this either until I really get on some of the hunting forums but elk are basically bulletproof. Their skin is Kevlar and their bones are made out of heat treated titanium, it’s weird I know, but true. A 300 Win mag is the bare minimum I would use for any animal west of Kansas. There are people on here that will say they’ve killed them with 243‘s, 270s, 6.5 Creedmoor, 308 and 7mm-08 All those people are trolls. If you don’t shoot a big enough gun to dislocate your shoulder and fracture your skull when you get scoped it’s not gonna kill an elk.

Last edited:
None of those will work. I didn’t know this either until I really get on some of the hunting forms but elk are basically bulletproof. Their skin is Kevlar in their bones are made out of heat treated titanium, it’s weird I know, but true. A 300 Win mag is the bare minimum I would use for any animal west of Kansas. There are people on here that will say they’ve killed them with 243‘s, 270s, 6.5 Creedmoor, 308 and 7mm-08 All those people are trolls. If you don’t shoot a big enough gun to dislocate your shoulder and fracture your skull when you get scoped it’s not gonna kill an elk.

BS! A 6.5 Creedmoor is a more powerful than the Death Star was. A elk is no match for the Creedmoor Laser death ray!

None of those will work. I didn’t know this either until I really get on some of the hunting forms but elk are basically bulletproof. Their skin is Kevlar in their bones are made out of heat treated titanium, it’s weird I know, but true. A 300 Win mag is the bare minimum I would use for any animal west of Kansas. There are people on here that will say they’ve killed them with 243‘s, 270s, 6.5 Creedmoor, 308 and 7mm-08 All those people are trolls. If you don’t shoot a big enough gun to dislocate your shoulder and fracture your skull when you get scoped it’s not gonna kill an elk.
pffftt! Dude! Everyone knows their bones are coated in adamantium and they have a mutant healing factor that can only be overcome by a cartridge that burns at least 55 grains of powder.

BS! A 6.5 Creedmoor is a more powerful than the Death Star was. A elk is no match for the Creedmoor Laser death ray!
You are correct I miss spoke.
The 6.5 Creedmoor is adequate for elk only because the high ballistic coefficient and downrange terminal velocity that carries.
Take the old and lame .308. Due to the cartridge angle and the diameter of the headspace it barely contains enough powder to send a 165gr round to punch a hole in an antelope with premium bullets. Now the 6.5 has an increased cartridge angle and a much higher inner Cartridge viscosity which causes the powder charge to burn much slicker.
That is why you can use a 6.5 Creedmoor for elk hunting.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back