Remington 783

John, you know I'd never give you a straight answer when the opportunity to be a smart piece of anatomy is right in front of me. :)

Good on you for wanting to help him out. I would make sure that he packs your elk out for you though. :)

I don't understand why he can't just used one of the many rifles you already own :) I think you are just looking for a reason to get YOURSELF a new cheap gun....LOL

I scored a Savage Axis XP with the Nikon scope package in .308 from a friend of mine that owes me money!! I actually have an Axis and it's a pretty decent rifle for the price, so I'm happy with the deal, especially since I'd probably never see the cash from the guy anyway :D

And Gerald...I would expect nothing less, and I'd do the same thing to you!! LOL

Garrett...I can't believe you'd possibly think that :D

I think you guys will like it. I have a trophy xp and my boy has the axis and they are note very accurate. They are both 7mm08 and like the hornady superformance. You might start with that ammo idk. Good luck to both of you.

My 25-06 is an Axis and I love it. We've been waiting for a day that hasn't been all sorts of windy to get out and shoot it. I got him some 180 grain Fusions to see how the rifle likes them. All of our other rifles like them and I figure the 180 grains will be good medicine on an elk. My 300 win mag likes the soft points the best, though. The scope is right about on according to my laser bore sighter, but it will probably take a couple of shots to get it dialed in at 100 yards. We shall see...

John, have you thought of a savage package I've seen them for 570 . I know it's more than the $280 you stated earlier.

I don't think I'd trust ANYTHING Remington puts out now (shame how far they've fallen). I'd go used "quality" rifle or a brand new Axis. I have their scoped combos in .243 and 30-06. Both shoot better than I can.

Emrah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back