Caribou Gear

Remington 700 pre-fit recoil pad

Glockster

Maybe my Google power is weak but I can’t seem to find one. Does anyone make a prefit for the Remington 700 ADL?I’m only seeing the grind to fit ones which I guess I could try to figure that out.

If your 700 is older than a couple decades, as mine is, they may not have one that will fit your OEM stock. They have templates to print out to see if what they offer fits your stock. Pachmayr used to make one that fit the older versions but they DC'd it.

If your 700 is older than a couple decades, as mine is, they may not have one that will fit your OEM stock. They have templates to print out to see if what they offer fits your stock. Pachmayr used to make one that fit the older versions but they DC'd it.
I literally just took mine off my Remington 700 .270 A few days ago and put the pad down on their template. None of the template shapes fit with the stock pad. I think I’m gonna have to buy one and have it installed by a gunsmith and ground down properly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find a great gunsmith? When I googled gunsmiths near me I only get a couple options and the reviews suck.

Biggest problem with ones like mine is the stock would have to be cut flat, it's curved where the plastic buttplate attaches. Hate to do that to a stock, which is why the Pachmayr ones that were curved were a nice option.

If you have a belt sander & some painter's tape, you can grind to fit a pad. It's not rocket surgery.
I don’t have a belt sander. I’ve watched some YouTube videos on it before and it doesn’t look crazy hard, just lacking the resources to do it.

Back