Caribou Gear

Remington 700 ation

jvanderlinde

Does anybody here know of a place to get a reasonably priced Remington 700 action? Everyone wants a arm and leg. Im trying to start on a build but i dont feel like paying $500 for one.

A lot of times it seems like your better off finding a cheap used rifle for the action and then selling the other parts to a smith.

A lot of guys just watch for Walmart to put the ADL's on sale, buy the whole rifle for under $400 (sometimes closer to $300) and then chop it up. You can recoup some of the money selling the barrel and (theoretically) the stock.

You could check out Buy/Sell/Trade groups on Facebook...sometimes there are people trying to purge their collection to afford a new rifle or have bad buyer's remorse. These groups can be a challenge to find and are at risk of being shut down because they somehow "promote violence".

I would bet a lot of the actions that are being used for a build are coming from pawn shop rifles.

Walmart has 700 adl in various calibers including 7 mag for $377.00 with a 3x9 scope that may last for several shots :) or not. My 223 had a 4x12 on it. On Black Friday there was 20% off of that price and I paid $301.00 and then sent in a $35.00 dollar rebate when I got home. Yup that model was in the rebate upc numbers listed.

Hope this helps,
Dan

http://www.nwactionworks.com/
Something like this would be your only other option. Buy 3 and sell 2 for $50 profit to fund timney trigger or get two other guys to buy with you. It would make each trued action $525 including shipping. Probably not a bad way to go!!

I figured i could get a used one for around 300$. I totally forgot about pawn shops, Ill have to start checking them out. Ill check out walmart.

Thanks for the help

Put an ad up on Craigslist offering a set amount for a 700 rifle. There may be a number of people that will offer to sell theirs if/when they see the big news on them involving the trigger problems.

Unless you are particularly hung up on Remington actions, SARCO has Doumolin Mauser Actions (among the best in the world) on sale right now for $295. Square bridge magnum length.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back