Rematch wanted

LukeDuke

Had a chance to get within 70 yds of this guy last Sept while bow hunting in eastern MT . I was going to take the shot if i could close some distance...never got close enough, but he was fun to watch. A question for you folks with more mule deer experience...how old do you think this deer is? Maybe I will find him again next month:)

Attachments

• muledeer.JPG
    muledeer.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 285
I would guess 3 and a half . He has a big belly of a mature buck , could be older . Sept and early october bucks look a bit different than what they look like when the rut starts . This year he will be a beast .

Yep Id guess 3 1/2 also. Really light color to his face. He will be a decent deer this year and a really good deer next year. Good Luck

he had 4 smaller bucks with him and they were all still in full velvet. their body was much more reddish in color and on their face. if you look close, this guy had some velvet hanging down on each side of his bases.

definitely looks 3 1/2, decent belly, decent neck, but doesn't have the front shoulder muscle of a mature buck yet. Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back