Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Rem Model 7 Project

Does that have the X Mark Pro trigger? If so they are easy to adjust and WAY better than from the factory. The other screws besides the one at the bottom do the work. Trigger weight and sear engagement are adjustable, too often people junk them for a Timney or Jewell right out of the gate. Disclaimer- I don't recommend adjusting unless someone knows what they are doing.

Good form, good trigger, bedding, make sure the forend isn't flexing into the barrel and play with seating depths among different bullets. I haven't read all the posts but if you start at the lands (not a max load out of the gate) and work your way back in .03-.04 increments one will shoot better than the others. Shoot multiple groups before declaring a winner of the ladder testing.

I just went through load development with my new 300wsm. The difference in accuracy between 168 and 180 Noslers was huge and I sent around 100 of each downrange. Similar bullets besides 12 grains, the ogive is identical yet the 180's out shoot the 168's by a large margin in my rifle regardless of seating depths and powder.

Good luck, that will make your son a dandy rifle!

If it has the X Mark Pro trigger, be aware that they are prone to breaking. And by breaking, I'm mean the entire trigger shoe shears off as there is a screw in a not very good place.

If it has the X Mark Pro trigger, be aware that they are prone to breaking. And by breaking, I'm mean the entire trigger shoe shears off as there is a screw in a not very good place.

Yep. Mine has been fine, but a buddy had one break as soon as he took the gun out and shot it one time. I hope they are better now. That trigger is a joke and the only saving grace is that it can still be adjusted like the old trigger. With the screw, I could never get mine under five pounds.

Yep the bottom screw hole location creates a weak link. Not sure of the failure rate but if it happens to you then the failure percentage is too high.

With the screw, I could never get mine under five pounds.

That screw must have been an inside joke in the engineering dept. I can hear them now... "Rifle owners want a nice trigger and the ability to adjust it, legal dept says otherwise so we'll give them something they can turn to feel like they are doing something"

I am very happy with mine though after adjusting it the right way and glad I saved the cash, unless it breaks that is :)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back