PEAX Equipment

Relocating

Jcour4

I am about to relocate to central Illinois from Mississippi. Does anybody know of any rod and gun clubs, RMEF, or BHA chapters around the Bloomington, Champaign, or Springfield areas? I would like to get involved and meet some like minded people near our new home, Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Check out the Illinois State Rifle Association page.

www.isra.org

They have some leagues and clubs listed. There isn't much public land in Illinois so I don't think you will find much in the way of BHA. There are RMEF chapters around the state and I'd be surprised if Bloomington didn't have one, I know there is one in Peoria. Fishing can be pretty good, Clinton lake is in that area, and the Illinois river isn't far from you. I'm just too far west to give much more advice on your area.

A lot of "rod and gun clubs" in this part of the country call themselves conservation clubs. That might help with the searching. Not sure on RMEF and BHA, but I would be very surprised if Pheasants Forever doesn't have a chapter there. Might be a way to network and find other groups. There is more than one Izaak Walton League chapter in that area as well.

http://www.iwla.org/local-chapters

Illinois is sort of a black hole of this sort of thing.

My advice to any hunter relocating to Illinois is plan to hunt out of state or just take the dive into a hunting lease or club though finding that sort of thing is an issue all by itself.

Peoria would be more the outdoor-centric town in central Illinois rather than Champaign/Bloomington/Springfield to look for active chapters of organizations.

The nearest BHA chapter is in Wisconsin.

Back