MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Release Those Trash Fish!

Just saying some things need to be "Managed" over the years we have changed the world and nothing is in balance anymore.
The "energy" it took to grow the animals needs to be replaced like tilling under your crop after harvest.
If we took everything and put it in a landfill we are doing harm too. I saw a die-off of a P dog town, too many dogs no food then the league took them all.
Till the eagles and hawks clean them up you could smell it for miles. Sorry if it is inconvenient for you.
I personally do not kill suckers or carp, or goldeye, they're all fun to catch. I don't eat any fish so they ALL go back in the drink dead or alive.
P dogs, on the other hand, stay where they lay.

Threw everyone back that I caught last Monday. :cool: Different state and no license required. Then again I'm full of blood lust!

Attachments

• IMG_2919.jpg
    IMG_2919.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1921.jpg
    IMG_1921.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1910.jpg
    IMG_1910.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 9
Watch this technique and carp become edible. I use a rub on it and deep fry. One thing about suckers and carp is they acquire the taste of the water they live in. If you catch them from city lakes like where I live they are awful and gritty. But using this technique from fairly clean water that is not polluted or contaminated with crap, you can actually eat carp cleaned like this without that mouth full of bones. Suckers have a similar technique and taste a bit like catfish if you debone them. Both I use a spiced up breading on them and then deep fry.

Something to add to my post: You can marinade fish with your favorite marinade mix from the store.

Last edited:
The Bitterroot river is a world class fly fishing trout stream. Rainbows aren't native. Neither are Northern Pike. Throw them back? mtmuley

Used to catch carp at the Fox River in SE Wisconsin as a kid (17/18). Would bonk them and toss them in the rocks for raccoons to eat.

Hauled one in in front of a ~8 year old kid once (fighting them on light gear usually brings out the looky-loos). Set it free because I didn’t think the complexity of the situation could be conveyed to a young kid. Perhaps I contributed to the devouring of thousands of sport fish eggs, or perhaps I got a little sportsmen into the game?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back