Yeti GOBOX Collection

Reintroduced CO Wolves

Spreading like a slow forest fire. I also saw this map and last months as well. Hopefully, our hunting and the ranchers won't be affected too much. I just don't see anything positive about the whole reintroduction. Natural spreading seems more ethical.
And that's just the collared ones. Who knows how many others are out there.

I went to Yellowstone park a number of years ago. As you drive around you see groups of people looking at critters. While driving we saw a smallish ratty looking coyote, decided to turn around and go back to relook at something. After we did that we went back to where we saw the coyote. A whole pile of people were now there. I rolled down the window and asked what was there. " A big wolf" we were told. HHMMM... saw another guy with a long telephoto lens on, looked like he might know his stuff, asked what are you seeing? He said a coyote. As we pulled ahead I could see that same smallish coyote that had ratty fur. And I could hear everyone saying how cool it was to see a wolf. And of course this coyote could care less about the people. Stupidity at its finest. And lets remember the strain of wolf released is not the same size as what was there. And yes I have seen 3 in the wild. Much bigger than what we have here in MN. Bigger equates to bigger appetite. That means more stock loss and more game eaten. Simple as that. Should have never been allowed into the country. Thats my 2 cents

Poor fella may have made it I'd they had left him in Oregon. Maybe, maybe not. Hard to not wonder how much better or worse survival rates for wolves that naturally migrate down from Wyoming will be vs transplants from a different ecosystem

Poor fella may have made it I'd they had left him in Oregon. Maybe, maybe not. Hard to not wonder how much better or worse survival rates for wolves that naturally migrate down from Wyoming will be vs transplants from a different ecosystem
I cant believe with modern science and animal lover funding they haven't cured natural causes, its just not fair. Taken way to early, now he's eating calfs in heaven, RIP woof.

What's actually more interesting is that there are actually TWO dead wolves they're investigating right now, the article above doesn't mention the second one. It was in Elbert County on the east side of Denver, and FWS says it came from a Great Lakes pack. The article below has a pic and a little more info.

What's actually more interesting is that there are actually TWO dead wolves they're investigating right now, the article above doesn't mention the second one. It was in Elbert County on the east side of Denver, and FWS says it came from a Great Lakes pack. The article below has a pic and a little more info.

How? That dosen't pass the smell test. I'm not saying a wolf couldn't make it from the great lakes to Elbert County (of all places)but it's got to be a pet. Or the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if that wolf didn't have a little outside help arriving in Colorado. If another show up that'll be all the proof I need.

How? That dosen't pass the smell test. I'm not saying a wolf couldn't make it from the great lakes to Elbert County (of all places)but it's got to be a pet. Or the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if that wolf didn't have a little outside help arriving in Colorado. If another show up that'll be all the proof I need.

Who knows? Follow-up says it was caught in a leg-hold set for coyotes...

A Boulder citizen who wanted wolves in her backyard until she realized the woof ate her cat, belly first. Not what the eco-enviros said woofs do. They're cute and cuddly or so her organization's pictures claimed.
We all know that wolves are herbivores. The folks on the front range that voted for the re-introduction will soon find out how true that is when those four legged pets enter their back yards in Boulder.

Back