PEAX Equipment

REDUCING RINGS 30mm to 1 Inch!

antelopedundee

Has anyone had any experience good or bad with the rings that allow you to use a 1 inch tube scope in 30mm tube scope rings?

UAjF4NM.jpg

I put shims under my rings on my ar. I was serious about it and put a dab of lock tight on the scope tube under the shim, and onto the shim under the ring just to be sure. That rifle rode in the passenger seat for months at a time, fired in rapid succession, and even fell on the concrete scope first once, and I never had to re zero it.

The ones pictured are available on eBay for $7. I just wonder for that price if they would be properly finished as far as machining and burrs go and for avoiding slippage of the scope under recoil. Doubt I will ever use these, but wondering if there is a better quality brand out there.

The Burris Signature are indeed solid. I did not know they have adapter options. I'd trust them if so.

I know I’m not speaking from experience using these but for me its too important of a component on my rifle setup to go with a work around. If the purpose is just to be able to use them without buying new rings I would spring for new rings. If there is some other reason or application I am missing then I would be interested in knowing what it is.
I’m still learning something every day.

I have mostly 30mm tubes and a couple one inchers. Also have extra 30mm rings and was toying with the idea of using the 30mm rings with the spacer on one of the one inch scopes. I'll probably leave well enough alone,

I have made my own from aluminum bar stock. Quite simple to do on a lathe. The feel when tightening the rings is very positive with the inserts. There is some give in the ears where the ring screws are, and the inserts solidify the whole assembly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back