Redfield Rampage 20x60

I don't have any experience with that model, so I can't comment specifically. However I have owned several spotting scopes. I would recommend you go look through the scope to see what you think. Typically the low end models suffer greatly on image quality and brightness once you start to use the higher zoom powers. So take a look and decide what you are going to use the scope for. The more money you spend, typically the more brightness and image quality you get throughout the zoom range.

This was my "ah ha" moment when it came to spotting scopes. I was sitting in a truck looking for elk on a hill side. I had the base model vortex diamondback spotter and my friend had a swarovski spotter. He could tell me that one bull was a small six point and I couldn't even find the elk. I thought they were brush piles in the snow, even after I had located the elk in his spotter.

I used the vortex viper spotters for several years and think they are an excellent "bang for the buck". I wanted to take photo's through my scope, so now I have a razor HD. If it wasn't for the want to take photo's I would have stuck with a spotter in the mid range ($500-$800)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back