Redding makes Field & Stream

MarvB

Looks like we'll have to put up with even more tourists during the spring hatches on the river....Field and Stream decided to list my town in there top 20 places to live for fisherwoosies!

http://www.fieldandstream.com/fieldstream/fishing/photogallery/article/0,13355,1701995_18,00.html

Here's the full list:

1: Glenwood Springs, Colo.

2: Mountain Home, Ark.

3: Traverse City, Mich.

4: Bozeman, Mont.

5: Minocqua, Wis.

6: Apalachicola, Fla.

7: Nantucket, Mass.

8: Bend, Ore.

9: Guntersville, Ala.

10: Morehead City, N.C.

11: Missoula, Mont.

12: Ely, Minn.

13: Page, Ariz.

14: Driggs, Idaho.

15: Jasper, Texas.

16: Tahlequah, Okla.

17: Beaufort, S.C.

18: Eufaula, Ala.

19. Redding.

20: Montauk, N.Y.

I saw a show on the Discovery Channel that stated it was also a great place to look for Bigfoot........so, Marv what size shoe do you wear????? John

Marv, the Filson wearing light tackle clown fish phags will be on Redding like locusts now...as Whiskers would say, ya might hafta "chill the f#*k out.":D :D

LOL John been a 13 since high school but my hygiene is a bit better than ol' sasquatch! My sister (YEARS ago) used to date one of the brain farts that led Bigfoot expeditions up in the Bluff Creek area that they were taking about on the Discovery Channel....that was her hippie days and I think he smelled about the same as a Yeti :rolleyes: the dude just idolized Patterson and Gimlin, it's all he used to talk about|oo

Harley- the pic they used in the F&S article is a buddy of mine- guide here in Redding. I've given him a lot of chit for muggin it up for the camera like that.

#4 - Bozeman, MT:

Please take that off the list. We have enough gay yuppie wanna' be' limp wrists running the banks of the rivers.

WTF, seems like every publication that puts out a list of cities, for some reason puts Bozeman on that list. They keep that chit up, and we will be on the top ten gay/lesbo list.

If we're not already. :mad:

Why don't they put Butte or some other place on that list.

Chrisakes! :BLEEP: |oo

#4 - Bozeman, MT:

Please take that off the list. We have enough gay yuppie wanna' be' limp wrists running the banks of the rivers.

WTF, seems like every publication that puts out a list of cities, for some reason puts Bozeman on that list. They keep that chit up, and we will be on the top ten gay/lesbo list.

If we're not already. :mad:

Why don't they put Butte or some other place on that list.

Chrisakes! :BLEEP: |oo

Bigfin
You guys can be the last best place over west. We will just happily remain the empty half of Montana. No good fishing or hunting over here. Really there is nothing worth doing East of Great Falls.

I was in Bozeman last weekend, sure is a different town then the one I left to move to Glasgow in 1995.

Nemont

#14 Driggs ID

Alright! Couldn't agree more-hope they all move there. There isn't any fish anywhere else in Idaho anyway......:)

Sure enjoyed fishing the Sacramento river system when I lived in Reno. Big fish in that river. Still have a pile of salmon lures left over.

Driggs is great if you enjoy combat fishing with tons and tons of guide boats all year. Pretty bad when the residents don't even like to fish there. Personally doesn't do much for me. I'll agree with IDHunters, move there, its nowhere close to anywhere I want to fish.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back