Red dot Glock 20

802flyfish

Have a stock G20 4th gen that is my woods gun. Debating upgrading to a night sight or splurging for an optic. 509T seems to be a popular choice, my only concern is durability. What’s everyone running on their G20?

Love my G20. I have a Vortex Venom on my G19 and it seems to do fine but, in my experience, a highly visible night sight will be faster to acquire than a red dot. Used Trijicon night sights on my G20 for several years with good results but switched to XS Big Dots on it last year. I install XS sights on nearly all of my carry handguns. Great for rapid acquisition, darn near bullet proof, but not the most precise for longer shots.

My work gun is a 17MOS with a Trijicon RMR on a Forward Controls Designs plate. It’s seriously durable and holds zero reliably through a ton of abuse. A few guys I work with have Holosun 507s and 509s and have had very good luck with them. I’ve been pretty impressed with the Holosuns, enough so that I’m considering a 507K for my 365 XMacro concealed carry gun.

I run a set of tru glo tfx pros on my glock along with a nightstick weapons mounted light. I feed it underwood hardcast in the woods, gold dot hollow points when not hunting.

I've shot 3 or 4 foxes with that glock at night so far. I'm sure the red dots great too, but the tritium 3 dot sights are rock solid and just work in pitch black darkness. And won't ever fail to turn on.

The weapons mounted lights critical too. You ain't shooting nothing at night that you can't see. A few of those foxes I shot holding a flashlight under the butt of the gun cop style but I greatly prefer the weapons mounted light. Not to mention how important it could be to not have to be searching for a flashlight when a mountain lions about to maul you.

I have a good set of night sights on my G20, I really like the technology of red dots, but not sure yet if I want to make the investment for myself.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back