Recommendations for New Pack?

Eberlestock X2! Big enough to fit all your needs for a day afield and will haul out an elk quarter very well.

I have owned and used the MR longbow, stone glacier solo and the exo mountain bag. The exo mountain bag is my favorite. It does everything you are asking for here and is around 4 lbs whereas the MR is 6 to 7 if i recall.

Bonus....they cost less too than the others mentioned.

I have been packing since the 60's and have used many backpacks and daypacks.Most work but are uncomfortable at best underload for hunting. Or hang up all the time.
I'm not really up on what's the new hot pack because I've been using the same E-stock J-104 for 10 yrs at least.For both daytrips,and pack in's. Most comfortable pack system I've found with the removable camp-bivy. Rifle scabbard is more than useful for many things,fishing rods being one.Check Eberlestock.

I also keep my Cabellas Alaska freighter pack in the truck for hauling heavy loads,if the terrain allows.
Nothing will wear you out faster than having to bob and weave and hang up going x-country or off trail.IMHO

I bought a used EXO 3500 off of a facebook friend a couple weeks ago. So far I like it. All I have done is load it up and walk the treadmill though but its pretty comfortable and handles the weight i've tossed in it pretty well so far. I am not sure what changes they are coming up with in 2015 but the misses I have with the pack are some of the straps are hard to loosen up and id like the lid to be able to cinch tighter as it seems to be a little sloppy even when cinched up at tight as it goes.. But overall I am happy with it. Can not wait to try it on some hunts.

I bought a used EXO 3500 off of a facebook friend a couple weeks ago. So far I like it. All I have done is load it up and walk the treadmill though but its pretty comfortable and handles the weight i've tossed in it pretty well so far. I am not sure what changes they are coming up with in 2015 but the misses I have with the pack are some of the straps are hard to loosen up and id like the lid to be able to cinch tighter as it seems to be a little sloppy even when cinched up at tight as it goes.. But overall I am happy with it. Can not wait to try it on some hunts.

I would second the Exo mountain pack. I love mine! Don't buy an Eberlestock, your back will thank you if you buy an Exo mountain, kuiu, kifaru, mystery Ranch, etc. It will past you the rest of your life, not just a few years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back