Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Recoil Lug Question - Remington Model 7

aws1963

Not being a Gunsmith, I am wondering if this could cause an issue with accuracy? For disclosure, I have not shot the rifle yet so I don't have any accuracy issues that I am aware of. Just got it yesterday afternoon.

Remington Model 7 in 7mm-08. The lug is not in what I would call the "6 O'clock" position or square to the action. It's "canted" off to the right a little (looking from the crown).

Comments?

The face to action angle, 90 deg, is whats important. You may have a contact issue at the bottom of the lug recess in the stock however.

Shoot it. The lug typically isn't a tight fit. That's why you tape them before a bedding job. mtmuley

Last edited:
It looks like the lug rotated a bit as they tightened the barrel up. I agree with WapitiBob on this one. As long as it doesn't cause problems going into the stock. Take it out and shoot it. Don't know until you try.

It's not a new rifle (gunbroker) but I'm pretty sure the barrel has not been removed from the action. I'll take her out and shoot it this weekend and see how she does. I don't believe it is touching the stock but to be sure, I'll stick some silly putty in the lug channel and see where it's sitting.

We'll see what happens at the range.

Thanks for your comments.

Andy

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back