Which truck should I buy?

• 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • 2021 Chevy Sulverado 1500 Trailboss

Votes: 36 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beginnerhunter

I'm looking at a used 2021 Rebel vs used 2021 Chevy trailboss. They are comparably packaged. Both are factory "lifted". Similar miles. The chevy has a a longer powertrain warranty remaining (80k left vs 40k). Which one should I buy?

You’re almost guaranteed to use the warranty on the Chevy.
I've had several chrysler products with mixed results. I've had one GM product and it has been pretty bad. But the longer warranty gives me 2 more years for powertrain problems.

Reliability scores online are mixed. With CR saying Ram>>Chevy, Repair pal Ram>=Chevy, MB Ram<Chevy, JD Power Ram<Chevy. Overall it seems the Ram has the edge here but, again, Those 40k extra coverage of powertrain warranty is attractive. But "If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I've got spare time." - Tommy Boy

Some of this depends on the year.

The Chevy will have the rear locker.
The ram probably will but i think it depends on options checked.

The functional difference is the rear locker for off pavement.

My F-150 I bought last year has the rear locker. I used it the other day on a construction site that was an absolute muddy mess that I would usually use 4x4 on.

I was amazed at what it could do without going into 4x4

I don’t think I’ll own another truck without one. Highly recommend that whatever you choose has one.

I’ve owned a Ram, two F-150s, and a 2021 Trail Boss in the last 10 years. I don’t like trading trucks that often, but the Ram and two F-150s were so absolutely chitty that I had to trade them away.

So far the TB has been the most reliable and my favorite of the bunch. My only beef is the locker is auto so I don’t like not being able to manually lock and control it. And the stereo sucks. However, despite the lift and aggressive tires I average 17-18mpg in town and over 20 on road trips.

Is there where someone is supposed to chime in about a Subaru? Asking for a friend... 🤣😉

most people don't realize the Outback Wilderness has more ground clearance than 90-95% of trucks on the market, has a few skid plates, and gets better gas mileage.

the ladies drool over men in those, especially with a golden retriever riding shotgun... you'll definitely need those beefy windshield wipers for all the panties that land on the windshield.

costs less than most trucks too

most people don't realize the Outback Wilderness has more ground clearance than 90-95% of trucks on the market, has a few skid plates, and gets better gas mileage.

the ladies drool over men in those, especially with a golden retriever riding shotgun... you'll definitely need those beefy windshield wipers for all the panties that land on the windshield.

🤣 I haven't experienced this part of owning an Outback Wilderness, but the rest I can speak to. Wanted a truck... couldn't justify the cost to practical use ratio though.

Where did you come up with 90-95%? mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back