Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Reasonably Priced DecoyBag

teej89

So I went the cheap route and bought (2) mesh decoy bags for $30. Each one lasted two 1mi round trip trips before tearing at the straps, fortunately it was via amazon and they'll take em back and refund me.

With that in mind I'm almost thinking about going to a slotted bag however that doesn't seem fun to strap over one shoulder and walk a half mile to a mile thru prairie and marsh.

Any one have any options or pointers?

I had the same problem. I found a GHG pothole bag at our local farm store. Still mesh, but the straps are much stronger and the drawstring is solid too. Fits a dozen decoys no problem. It rides much higher on my back so it doesn't seem to get snagged as much.

Frankly, decoys are no fun to carry anywhere. However I have liked the Refuge Runner for running duck decoys up to a mile. You can put more than you want to carry in it. What really needs to happen is Mystery Ranch to get in the game and put that bag no the GuidelightMT frame. That would be sweet...

One thing my dad has done is whenever he's hunting the marsh or some bigger water he's hiked into and I'm not there or its a long pull carrying decs he bought some of those collapsible Dakota mallards which are quite a weight savings in themselves

Not sure if that is an option but gear upgrades always seem to have no limits to....

Good luck

Big fan of Rogers bags, but slotted decoy bags are a pain to carry long distances no matter what. If carrying is your only option you’d have to cut weight somehow like EYJONAS! mentioned

if the ground is conducive to pulling a sled, that would be much better for hauling a moderate amount of gear. If not, you’re looking at needing an atv or sxs

I really like the tanglefree flight series bags. You can fit about 2 dozen decoys in 1 bag and the padded shoulder straps feel pretty good

Frankly, decoys are no fun to carry anywhere. However I have liked the Refuge Runner for running duck decoys up to a mile. You can put more than you want to carry in it. What really needs to happen is Mystery Ranch to get in the game and put that bag no the GuidelightMT frame. That would be sweet...
That thing can fit a dozen decoys??

I was trying to think how I could rig it to my pintler

I had the same problem. I found a GHG pothole bag at our local farm store. Still mesh, but the straps are much stronger and the drawstring is solid too. Fits a dozen decoys no problem. It rides much higher on my back so it doesn't seem to get snagged as much.
That's kinda what I have now

Back