Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Reasonable Expectations for SW Wyoming hunt in October

brushcreek

My dad and I are going on a guided hunt near Evanston for mule deer and pronghorn in early - mid October. Will have access to around 30,000 acres. it's a 4 day hunt so won't have a ton of time. What should I reasonably expect to get a crack at assuming our guides are pretty good and average weather?

If its not dam near 100% opportunity ask for your money back! Quick hunts reduce likelyhood of trophy but very doable and will easily fill both tags if not to picky

Last edited:
If its not dam near 100% opportunity ask for your money back! Quick hunts reduce likelyhood of trophy but very doable and will easily fill both tags if not to picky

is a 160 inch mulie and a 70 inch lope a reasonable expectation for this area?

+1
sam.jpg

That would have been a good question for the outfitter, especially since sounds like you will be on private
oh i did, just curious what others think who are familiar with that part of the country. I’ve never hunted Wyoming

oh i did, just curious what others think who are familiar with that part of the country. I’ve never hunted Wyoming
Probably depends on how many clients he runs through his operation.

Depending on what part of SW Wyoming, I would say 70-75 inch pronghorn and 150-160 mule deer aren't unrealistic, but probably take a bit of luck to find both. Due to the 4 day window, probably wont be easy.

Again though, depends on how good the ranch/lease is and how many hunters they take.

Who's the outfitter? I grew up in E town. There used to be some real good deer hunting around there, but I haven't hunted there in 20 years. I would think a 160in buck would be reasonable though.

I would say a 70+ inch antelope is reasonable too.

Look at the pics on the outfitters web site. An outfitter I hunted with years ago puts pics up of all of their client kills.

Who's the outfitter? I grew up in E town. There used to be some real good deer hunting around there, but I haven't hunted there in 20 years. I would think a 160in buck would be reasonable though.

I would say a 70+ inch antelope is reasonable too.

PM sent

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back