Really, Wyoming?

As this story gains traction its funny but real weird to read some of the comments to justify this clown.

Things like " it's no big deal, wolves kill fawn and eat them alive" or "wolves kill cow elk and eat the fetus."

Not sure what folks think wolves should eat. Salads? Or how they expect wolves to kill something, it's just wolves being wolves. The reasoning is strange, wolves are vicious so its ok to do what this guy did.

Slowly hunters are killing themselves and most don't see it.

As this story gains traction its funny but real weird to read some of the comments to justify this clown.

Things like " it's no big deal, wolves kill fawn and eat them alive" or "wolves kill cow elk and eat the fetus."

Not sure what folks think wolves should eat. Salads? Or how they expect wolves to kill something, it's just wolves being wolves. The reasoning is strange, wolves are vicious so its ok to do what this guy did.

Slowly hunters are killing themselves and most don't see it.
Campfire?

It is absolutely ridiculous reading comments of folks trying to justify this or say "well what he did was dumb but hey there's one less wolf out there and that's a win". No, no it's not.
Folks saying we should kill all the wolves so this doesn't happen or that if we call for more penalties for this act, that we will lose hunting.

Stuff like this certainly doesn't help hunting.

I saw a friend post about this story but they covered up the picture. I really didn't want to see that image but it showed how cruel and evil this act was. I will never ever understand hatred for an animal like that. An animal just doing what they do to survive.

I almost didn't click on this thread because of the title, I thought it was about some change to Wyoming points or something. Plus I just haven't been on here as much as I used to be.

At a minimum, charge him with what they think they can. If it doesn’t stick it's altleast the hassle and payment of lawyers etc. Personally I'd say let the legal trouble begin, at minimum it makes his life a pain in the ass for awhile, and costly. I hope they find some things they can get to stick. But if they don't its atleast gonna cost him and make his life a pain in the ass for awhile.

don't worry wyoming, colorado has its sickos too. this guy was in cuffs in a matter of hours, bit of a shame cody roberts probably won't ever see a pair.

probably cut from the same cloth

don't worry wyoming, colorado has its sickos too. this guy was in cuffs in a matter of hours, bit of a shame cody roberts probably won't ever see a pair.

probably cut from the same cloth

Livestock being personal property should be easier to convict.. still disgusting and disturbing non the less.

Livestock being personal property should be easier to convict.. still disgusting and disturbing non the less.

yes, very easy.

Aggravated Animal Cruelty (F6) - 9 counts
Second Degree Criminal Trespass (F5)
Theft of Certain Animals (F4) - 8 counts
Shooting Across Public Highway

i think the psychotic mindset between michael hester and cody roberts is very similar. it's a serious pity roberts isn't seeing similar charges. hopefully the public damage is so far reaching it evens out. but it won't.

Chris Madson, one of the best outdoor & conservation writers & ethicists ever and a dear friend & mentor put this on facebook, and it really resonated w/me.

Kath and I spent the afternoon at the Denver Art Museum yesterday. Among many other exquisite examples of native American art was this Yupik parka, a windproof, waterproof anorak decorated with fur. The quote above the anorak struck me. This is an attitude expressed by a woman who is still involved in a semi-subsistence culture, whose grandparents were full-time arctic nomads supporting themselves by hunting and gathering in one of the most challenging environments on earth. It would be easy to expect such people to develop a casual, even dominating, attitude toward the animals they hunted. This statement is one of many that show the exact opposite, in this culture as in many other hunting-gathering societies. It implies a belief that animals have an afterlife, that they are deserving of respect, gratitude, even reverence. Does it matter to the animal that it is killed by a "beautiful thing"? Maybe, maybe not. Does this commitment to grace and beauty in the moment of taking a life matter to the person taking that life? Absolutely.
And the other element of this statement that I find fascinating is the native ability to hold two ideas at the same time: "This animal deserves respect" and "I am going to kill this animal." As hard as it is for some moderns to grasp, it is possible to believe— and justify— both these things at the same time.

His photo:
1712862271250.png

Chris Madson, one of the best outdoor & conservation writers & ethicists ever and a dear friend & mentor put this on facebook, and it really resonated w/me.

His photo:
View attachment 322456
Great message. The respect, compassion, whatever you want to call it that the Inupiaq have for wildlife is refreshing.

It was pretty impressive spending time up there, as brief as it was, with them when I hunted muskox. What I got out of that hunt was so much more than a bull muskox.

How they utilize the animals they kill...clothing, food, tools, art, and the long culture they have with them. It would seem impossible that they have anything but respect, maybe admiration, and a thankful regard for wildlife. The chance of them ever torturing an animal like Cody Roberts did, is zero from what I saw.

So far removed from the way too many modern-day hunters regard wildlife, its really not comparable.

Gave me a new perspective on hunting, wildlife, and much for the better.

Last edited:
“The Sheriff’s Office did not receive any complaints from the public until news of the incident went viral early last week,” the statement says.

Jeeezus! Put down the shovel. You are admitting this would have been "swept under rug" had it not made the news.
Sadly probably happens more than we’ll ever know. Glad whoever it was had the courage to speak up for this wolf. Let’s just hope it gets justice.

yes, very easy.

Aggravated Animal Cruelty (F6) - 9 counts
Second Degree Criminal Trespass (F5)
Theft of Certain Animals (F4) - 8 counts
Shooting Across Public Highway

i think the psychotic mindset between michael hester and cody roberts is very similar. it's a serious pity roberts isn't seeing similar charges. hopefully the public damage is so far reaching it evens out. but it won't.
Text book post. Perfect example of an unfair and broken system.

Back