Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

rangefinder, hate mine, hows yours??

schmalts

I have the Nikon yardage pro 800 and hate it. The AAA batteries dont last in cold weather, the battery door has a latch that pops open if you look at it wrong(actually lost it once) and i have pulled it out of my pack and had the batteries all in my pack yet.I put a blob of silicone on it to make it harder to slide the open lever open and it seemed to help. The button is too easy to depress, i have had it in my gearbag or daypack and had the batteries die because the button was depresses.
I wondered if anyone has a newer model, with a better battery life for cold weather or pack trips.

I have a bushnell 600 compact. Love it. It uses a 9 volt and its never run out of juice. I replace the battery yearly. I've dropped it, sat on it, and it maintains zero.

I have the bushnell scout and it works reaally nice. Really compact too.

Leica makes one that is almost indestructable. It never fails. It has a lifetime guarantee and it doesn't cost any more than the Nikon or the Bushnell..

:cool:

I have the Bushnell Yardage Pro 400, I think it's a discontinued model now, had it for two seasons, I use it bowhunting only, haven't had any trouble with it so far, battery life is great too, change it once a year. It uses the 9 volt. It is dead on accurate at the short ranges for bowhunting.

Steve and I both bought Bushnell Yardagepro
Its compact,easy to use,works OK?
We will be upgrading .
Its been good for learning yardages for archery,is easy to carry,batterys seem to last for me but not on Steve's.
Not the best one for longer yardages.
We will be looking for a better one for Steve.

I have a Bushnell Yardage Pro 800 and I don't think I could live without it. It's mostly for those times when you are deciding whether or not to shoot that it comes in handy. I don't like shooting over 400 yards if I don't have a good rest so it comes in pretty handy at times like that. I forget what kinds of batteries it uses but I've had it for two years now and the batteries still have plenty of juice. The only thing I have bad to say about it is once it gets in low light it doesn't give readings for some reason. The inside just turns red for some reason, other than that I think it is great.

As a muzzle loader I have no need for long range so I have the Bushell 400 as mentioned above, it has never let me down and I change the batteries every season, and they don't need it either.. h2m

My Bushnell Yardage Pro sort of works. I know if its 140 or 160 yards. The trouble is, that is useless info. with a 30-06 rifle. I need to know if its 200 or 300, if its 400 or 500 yards. I guess I need a better one, longer distances. The one I have is good for bow hunting though.

Back