Caribou Gear Tarp

Rangefinder for archery and rifle shooting out to 500 yards

Hmmm, so we'll just overlook the rangefinder that reads on animals beyond 700 yards, and is 1/2 the price, because it's not a "brand" name?

About that thread on high priced toys....
It depends on where & how you are hunting I guess.
I used a Bushnell for many years in dense stuff & 200 yrds was far.
Now the draw could be a mile across & open. How far is that nearest bush? Can the finder find the bush let alone the elk? How fast can it locate an item?
Is it 350 or 400 yrds to that tree the bull will walk out from? `Your 600 yrds away & the ranger cannot read the tree....
Now I can shoot out to 600 yrds EZ with my Zeiss scope & need to know where 400 is quick. Otherwise I wasted $ on good glass....lol

I've been using it hard for 3 years.
600 yard tree? Not a problem.
Bushes out to 400, again not a problem.
I did have an opportunity to range my truck at 1,610 yards. As with any rangefinder, really hard to hold steady at that distance!

The SA Sports does have a 7X, focusable veiw finder.

Not for nothing, but my wife's old $200 Rossi R243 with the $169 Vortex Crossfire II has put many, much more expensive rifles/scopes/shooters to shame.
I would hope 600 yards is doable with a Zeiss, along with it making me coffee in the morning!

Thanks for all the great advice. I went with Vortex 1800 rangefinder because I like it’s simplicity and the no questions asked warranty.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back