Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Range finding Binos vs handhead rangefinder for archery?

Birddog916

HI HTers,
I'm considering purchasing a pair of rangefinding binocular, probably Vortex Fury due to price mostly. While I do use my rangefinder for both rifle hunting and archery, archery sees a lot more rangefinder use for obvious reasons. Seems like most archery hunters use a separate rangefinder, has anyone made the switch to rangefinding binos for archery? Pros and Cons?

Thanks!

I have had a set of Fury binos for 6-7 months now. Very happy so far. The only downfall I can see with bowhunting is the 10X magnification, and maybe the bulk of the binos if you are trying to sneakily range a critter that is close?

I generally have my binos attached to the tree when bowhunting, but attached to me when gun hunting.

I used the fury last hunting season and they definitely aren't really intended for that quick range check on an animal coming into bow range. I have used them to check and mark ranges of trees nearby while bow hunting but if your a proficient archer out beyond 20 yards where every yard matters on your shot aim, you're going to want a small easy to hold and use range finder. I bought a cheap range finder to serve that purpose as I only needed it for short distances. less than 25 bucks and it works like a charm for bow shots

I tend to do thing way different then most people, but it works for me so I stick with this system. I keep my binos on a tripod at all times, it never comes off the tripod unless i'm packing in. I do not run a bino harness at all. If I need to quick take a look at something. I use my Range finder with its 4x manification. My rangerfinder is always around my neck ready to rock and roll. Ever try belly crawling with a bino harness? Ever try belly crawling without a bino harness? The latter is much quieter an way less junk in the way. My range finder is a way more important tool for me then my binos. Different strokes for different folks

For archery and muzzle loader I use ranging binos. For rifle I use better binos and a handheld rangefinder

I have the zeiss and while they are not cheap they are pretty flawless. We range and get consistent results past a mile.

Back