Random Gear Question

CTELK83

Hey all, buddy of mine had hiking poles or trekking poles on our last hunt. I was surprised how much of a difference they made when packing out meat.
Curious what poles you all use if any. Obviously looking for light weight and durable.
Thanks

Gonna be hard to be the Black Diamond Trail Pro Shock Trekking Poles.

I’ve been using the carbon ones from Costco the last few years, $30 for a set and no durability issues. Might be worth checking into.

I'm still using a set of Komperdells I bought off of Sierra Trading Post.

REI carbon poles, they've been holding up well. Good for balancing your binos on and holding together as shooting sticks too. I get an inappropriate amount of satisfaction from telling the REI store help exactly how I use them and showing off pictures to see their horror. Hunting generally isn't their bag around these parts.

Leki Cork Lites...game changers for my knees & back...improvised shooting rest.

Cascade Mountain Tech brand from Costco. Have used them in Idaho for the last three seasons. Super happy with them. Jump on Andrew Skurka’s blog and read about his trekking pole experiences with different brands.

I have Leki. They fold into three and fit perfectly on the side of my bag. Had then for a couple years. No issues

Back