Yeti GOBOX Collection

Ranching Today?

Hell, read any post from Buzz and IT=== they all say the same...... ranching in america is done. What more do you expect CO?

Do you think this is a good setup? Seems to me that they are trying to create a feel good story to hide the fact that they're just another bunch of developers hacking up winter range. I've done work on this ranch several times, and I can tell you it doesn't look like many other cattle ranches in western Colorado. If they really wanted to do something good for wildlife like they claim, they could have come up with something better than the $24 million in "improvements" they did.

Parceled out, this ranch stays a ranch
By Jason Blevins, Denver Post Business Writer
KREMMLING - Ranching in the Colorado mountains isn't what it used to be.

Gone are the hardscrabble pioneers, toiling to tame the range, barely eking out a living.

Many of today's ranchers are absentee landlords with deep pockets, and some are helping to sustain a heritage threatened by creeping development.

Case in point: Denver's Charlie Gallagher. In 1999, he bought 19,000 acres of pristine ranchland on the Colorado River outside Kremmling from the University of Denver, which was given the land by Colorado philanthropist Dan Ritchie. After spending $24.3 million on the land, the Gallagher family has poured another $24 million into the ranch, building roads, reservoirs, homesites, a lodge and cabins.

Click for full story

Oak

Lost,

Who said ranching in America is done?

I will say Welfare Ranching in America is about done, but that is as far as I will take it.

elkgrin.gif
er

Lost, I know I never said ranching was done. I think welfare ranching's time is limited, as more people learn about the issue. I doubt if real ranching will die out, and I wouldn't want it to.

I doubt Buzz thinks ranching is done either.

You're still having the reading comprehension problems.
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back