Ranchers Planning on Shooting BigHorn Sheep, to Protect Range Maggots

Buzz,

Name some of these areas in the state that are better suited for reintroduction. There is not one single area left that does not have some potential for conflict that needs to be addressed before FWP can move forward. The Bridgers are probably the top priority, but there are hurdles still in place.

This year all Montana's excess sheep are going to Idaho, Utah, and Nebraska to help with their herds. All I hear is you and IT bitching, while others are trying to come up with solutions. It's getting old.

Paul

Paul,

Try reading instead of running your mouth.

Did you miss this part of my last post?

"and other states that could have used those sheep"

You damn right I'll continue to bitch when my wildlife is taking a back seat to livestock in a WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA.

I think its worth bitching about, but I dont find it at all suprising you find no problem with it...in fact its about what I expect.

“The last line of defense are those kill permits. I hope that they don’t have to use them.”

"Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks officials had decided the bighorns either needed to be captured or destroyed after wandering away from their new home in the Greenhorn Mountains last fall and settling near an area that would soon become pasture for domestic sheep."

"The seven missing bighorn sheep were last seen near the Robb-Ledford Wildlife Management Area and may yet make it back to the Greenhorn Mountains, Brannon said."

Seen near, doesn't really sound like they'd be shot for entering though. I'd rather see those that mingled with domestic sheep killed, rather then them returning to the herd a disease carriers. BHR, keep working to buy out those grazing allotments. IT/EG/BUZZ, the sky is not falling, today.

Ten beers,

The sky isnt falling, no doubt about that. Unfortunately, hunters are losing opportunities at hunting sheep because of a welfare rancher, and worse yet, my wildlife has to be eliminated for using a state owned WMA.

I'm glad to see you're so concerned with wildlife. Dont you have an illegal ATV road to build or a gate to run around?

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back