Rancher locking gate on BLM.

Thanks Two7D.

Talked to the BLM law enforcement officer. BLM is working from home and the LEO called me back.
County has abandoned the road and the rancher maintains the road. Since he maintains the road, he can legally lock it.

Apparently, road has been abandoned for years, but just put up gate recently.

Lots of barbary in there. There is a reason it is locked. I do not disagree with the rancher. It is his ranch. I might do the same if it was my ranch. I have a fundamental problem paying for access.

I do disagree with the law that allows public land to be barred. Part of the culture and getting worse. This is not isolated in the area. There is lots of landlocked BLM.

If I was local I would mobilize all of the sportsmen, local merchants etc to cause that rancher the most problems humanly possible within the extent of the law. Make him and his operation persona non grata. Not sure what the degree of effect would be, but I would surely make it my mission.

If I was local I would mobilize all of the sportsmen, local merchants etc to cause that rancher the most problems humanly possible within the extent of the law. Make him and his operation persona non grata. Not sure what the degree of effect would be, but I would surely make it my mission.
I'd think you anger/effort would be better directed at the county government that abandoned the road...

I'd think you anger/effort would be better directed at the county government that abandoned the road...
That is an approach for election time. It is pretty obvious that those in office currently have an "affinity" for ranchers and are most likely care little about regular folks outrage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back