Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Quiet Outerwear (pants)

SWMontana1

Looking for something VERY, VERY, VERY quiet. We will be hunting elk through a lot of thorn brush all of November. My current cables pants are loud as hell. and everything else I am seeing either won't be worn enough or is too loud.

Will be hiking too much, so wool would be a pain in the ass! (might come down to that though).

Sitka..... as much as everyone loves it, it is too pricey for this guy and is WAY, WAY too loud in thorn brush.

What are you guys wearing to stay quiet?

I would go with fleece but I cant hardly wear it around here with all the burdocs,cockle burrs and hitchhikers.

I agree with Fin. Sitka mountain pants are the best. If your looking for quiet waterproof pants, Cabela's MTO50 or RainSuede are tough to beat.

If you really want to go quiet, just wear a pair of leggings like running tights or thermal pants. A pair of shorts over the top help protect when your sitting and glassing, but there is no pant out there quieter to hunt in then skin tight leggings. No pockets to catch on brush, very lean when moving through bush, your path of resistance is minimal, they assist the blood flow and circulation, and even in snow we hunt in this set up. Just make sure you layer the upper half of your body properly and you can get by in very low temps with this set up.
travellingrivers.jpg

Sweetnectar uses these but they only protect up to his knees. He's real quiet but usually cut up after a hunt

ninjashoes.jpg

I would stear clear of Cabelas rain suede in any thing real thorny or sharp. It's quiet but real thin and tears easy. I guess I don't see why your normal military style cotton pants wouldn't be quiet? The sitka stuff is real quiet and comfy but I'm not sure how it would hold up in the thorns. For this reason I wouldn't be using any of my expensive pants for the hunt your describing. I'm sure by the end of the season your pants are going to be hashed no matter whether you paid $30 or $200.
Usually its my pack that the loudest thing as your hunting through the terrain your describing.

Core4element pants, they are super comfortable, keep you dry, very quiet and they even have knee pads to out in which is AWESOME! Especially when stalking up on game!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back