Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Questions for Tundra Owners

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
I like them, but I also had to replace a set on my Dodge after an ill advised dry wash crossing. I’ll have to think on this, and see how much it concerns me. I plan on doing a 2” lift when I redo the shocks this summer, so that may alleviate some of the worry.

They have saved me once or twice, not to much worse for the wear. I’d say leave them, it’s better than smashing the body...

I like them, but I also had to replace a set on my Dodge after an ill advised dry wash crossing. I’ll have to think on this, and see how much it concerns me. I plan on doing a 2” lift when I redo the shocks this summer, so that may alleviate some of the worry.

Isn't it standard guys in your area jack trucks up to the max then mount the fattest , tallest tires possible? ;)
I dont recomend that strategy.:)

Isn't it standard guys in your area jack trucks up to the max then mount the fattest , tallest tires possible? ;)
I dont recomend that strategy.:)
It’s state law to have a 6” lift and 37” MT tires. I applied for an exemption.

These are 33” and I have no plans to go any bigger for fuel economy reasons. I do want a little more clearance along the rocker panels though. It came with a nice aftermarket front skid plate.

It’s state law to have a 6” lift and 37” MT tires. I applied for an exemption.

These are 33” and I have no plans to go any bigger for fuel economy reasons. I do want a little more clearance along the rocker panels though. It came with a nice aftermarket front skid plate.

As far as economy goes im interested what you are getting with your current setup. I know they aren't known for being fuel sippers but I wonder what the real world economy is vs listed.

As far as economy goes im interested what you are getting with your current setup. I know they aren't known for being fuel sippers but I wonder what the real world economy is vs listed.
I only have one trip as a baseline. Driving it home at 73-74 mph, I got 16.4 mpg (hand calculated), which was higher than what the computer readout was telling me. I checked the odometer, and with the bigger tires the odometer is 4.3% low. I'm going to lift the front and back equally, so I'm not sure if I'll see a drop in economy with that or not.

76 gas stations (there is one four blocks from my house) are offering 15 cents per gallon discount if you pay with the mobile app. I'm paying 60 cents a gallon less for unleaded than I was for diesel.

I only have one trip as a baseline. Driving it home at 73-74 mph, I got 16.4 mpg (hand calculated), which was higher than what the computer readout was telling me. I checked the odometer, and with the bigger tires the odometer is 4.3% low. I'm going to lift the front and back equally, so I'm not sure if I'll see a drop in economy with that or not.

76 gas stations (there is one four blocks from my house) are offering 15 cents per gallon discount if you pay with the mobile app. I'm paying 60 cents a gallon less for unleaded than I was for diesel.
What you got for mileage is pretty much what my 2010 averages. It will do pretty good on a slower highway and not bucking a wind. We have gotten up to 20 at times, but it is my no means the norm. I will sacrifice some mileage, for the total dependability of that truck.

We are getting e-10 unleaded for $2.09, cash price at one station.

It will do pretty good on a slower highway and not bucking a wind
The majority of my hunting trips are on two lane highways with max speed limits of 60-65 mph. I'm expecting 17-18 mpg under normal conditions. Road trips to eastern MT or southern WY might be a little different.

Several years ago I was driving my Dodge across southern Idaho, coming home from Nevada. There was about a 50 mph headwind and I had the cruise set on 78 mph. My fuel gauge was dropping faster than my coffee cup.

The majority of my hunting trips are on two lane highways with max speed limits of 60-65 mph. I'm expecting 17-18 mpg under normal conditions. Road trips to eastern MT or southern WY might be a little different.

Several years ago I was driving my Dodge across southern Idaho, coming home from Nevada. There was about a 50 mph headwind and I had the cruise set on 78 mph. My fuel gauge was dropping faster than my coffee cup.
I think that you are spot on with that mileage. That is almost exactly what mine does.

As an aside, anyone looking to upgrade your hunting vehicle can do so pretty reasonably if you're patient. I tried the trade in route and ended up walking out of the dealership with no deal. They called me a week later wanting to drop their price, and I told them keep dropping. I ended up selling my truck by private sale before that, and the truck I was looking at is still on their lot. I purchased this one by private sale, which honestly is kind of hard to do anymore. I saw a lot of pickups start private sale, then within a week or two were on a dealer lot.

I went from an 04 to an 08 year model, 301k odometer to 84k odometer, and paid $9k price difference between the two. I didn't make a killing, but the sale price of both vehicles was very fair and I didn't have to argue with some jackass about auction prices, dealer overhead, yada yada yada.

As an aside, anyone looking to upgrade your hunting vehicle can do so pretty reasonably if you're patient. I tried the trade in route and ended up walking out of the dealership with no deal. They called me a week later wanting to drop their price, and I told them keep dropping. I ended up selling my truck by private sale before that, and the truck I was looking at is still on their lot. I purchased this one by private sale, which honestly is kind of hard to do anymore. I saw a lot of pickups start private sale, then within a week or two were on a dealer lot.

I went from an 04 to an 08 year model, 301k odometer to 84k odometer, and paid $9k price difference between the two. I didn't make a killing, but the sale price of both vehicles was very fair and I didn't have to argue with some jackass about auction prices, dealer overhead, yada yada yada.
It is hard to find used Tundras. They do not last long on the lots here. People are starting to figure out how really good they are.

It is hard to find used Tundras. They do not last long on the lots here. People are starting to figure out how really good they are.

I had to buy mine in Phoenix because the ones with similar miles and conditions here in Colorado were selling for almost 5k more.

I had to buy mine in Phoenix because the ones with similar miles and conditions here in Colorado were selling for almost 5k more.
Yeah, there are some pretty strong regional influences on the market. There is also a big influx of Canadian imports that are really difficult to get much of a history on. You can get a good deal, but caveat emptor.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back