Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Question on Custer National Forest

Elliot1987

Not looking for your honey hole... jk jk.

I have a bunch of good spots to hunt out in Eastern Montana, but I was thinking about switching up my scenery a bit. All I hear about the CNF is how many people hunt it. Is it true or is that just internet hype. It looks like some cool ground to go for a hunt. Maybe one of the outlying chunks of it like the Ekalaka Hills would see less people? If you have experience in this area I would love to hear you chime in. Thank you!

Short answer is yes it's busy. Can you avoid people? short answer is also yes. The rest is up to you and it sounds like you've already started looking for those areas

Ekalaka hills get just as much attention since a lot of the private land is leased by a local outfitter. It pushes guys up to the FS

The Custer is not crowded at all, you will pretty have the place to yourself along Otter Creek or Pumpkin Creek and you will see nice bucks right off the roads.
Why don’t you share with us some of your good spots all over eastern Montana?

The Custer is not crowded at all, you will pretty have the place to yourself along Otter Creek or Pumpkin Creek and you will see nice bucks right off the roads.
Well now.....

You're telling me I have to get out of the truck?! What is the world coming to! I'll be sure to list all GPS Coords to my spots and I'll even take screenshots of my ONX.

Lol my definition of good may not be other's, but it only matters if I think they are good right?

Back