Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Question for tall shooters on extending rifle stock

bisblue

Hey folks,

I got a Tikka T3 Lite 270 recently. I love it, but being 6'3" I have to pull my head back to get a good field of view with my scope. I mounted the scope as far forward as I could.

Anyone have advice on using something like a stock spacer or a recoil pad to give it a longer length of pull? I'm hoping to avoid a new or custom stock.

Last edited:
I'm The Same height but never run into that issue. If it's purely an eye relief issue maybe mounting your scope on a pic rail would cure it. If it's a lop issue Ill let someone with more knowledge answer

How does the eye relief on the scope compare to most? I like the limbsaver slip on pad for one of my rifles

Maybe some extension rings if they make those for a Tikka? Or a picatiny rail. Does the length of pull feel too short for you or is this simply a eye relief issue?

Thanks for the advice,
I've noticed something similar in other rifles, but might be eye relief. I might try a slip on pad first just for ease and cost.

Thanks folks.

I think I'd start with a slip on as well. If the fit of the stock is better maybe take a look at something more permanent or a custom stock. If not I'd take a look at a rail or offset rings to give you some more length. It sounds silly but some offset rings are meant to move the scope backwards so make sure you get the correct on for your mounts.

Cheek weld and LOP are the sisters to whom scope positioning defers.

What scope?

Back