Quality lightweight bipod?

Timberhawk

I just got back from a caribou hunt with my dad and he had a Harris bipod that I really liked. I'm of the "buy once, cry once" mindset most of the time so I'm not looking for a discount or knock-off brand, but I will say that his Harris was fairly heavy. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a lighter weight gun-mounted bipod?

Timberhawk

Bipod question

I just got back from a caribou hunt with my dad and he had a Harris bipod that I really liked. I'm of the "buy once, cry once" mindset most of the time so I'm not looking for a discount or knock-off brand, but I will say that his Harris was fairly heavy. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a lighter weight gun-mounted bipod?

Checking again...

hank4elk

I use Stoney Point shooting sticks.Very lightweight and quick to set up.
Took off the Harris bipod 25 yrs ago. Too heavy , always catching in something. They are well made.

cowboy

Snipe pod made in Clancy Montana. I have an older one, it works great.

I have one that has never been used that I'll make someone a deal that'll make Big Fin's prices look like highway robbery. Anyone interested in one - just PM me.

JBS

Cowboy
Hang on to that thing I would like to try it. I will make a deal with you next time I am in town.
James

hank4elk

Sometimes on the pack is too low and there are no trees around.....sitting or kneeling is almost as solid as pack on ground.

sagebrush

Pack on the ground - prone, pack standing on end - sitting or kneeling, pack on the sagebrush or over rock - kneeling or standing. If I have to be higher off the ground to have a clear shooting lane, then its over the spotting scope tripod. I can shoot sitting or kneeling using the rifle to bone to ground, but I'm not nearly as steady as using a pack as a rest and limits my shots to 200 or so. Over the pack, I have killed out to 525.

AMK Sportsman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gunstar