Quality 300win brass

wheels

hello i have a 3oowinmag in my near future looking in to good brass i wanted lapua but they do not make in that cartridge thanks for suggestions

I'm using Gunwerks (manufactured by ADG). This stuff is serious quality so far. Thicker stuff and I can push it a little more than other brands I've used. I've been meaning to do a H20 case capacity test with my once fired but haven't gotten to it. I took advantage of a Brownells coupon code and got it down to about $1.10 per piece but they were out of stock last I checked.

Norma makes 300WinMag as does Nosler...I've been told that Norma makes Nosler brass but I'm not sure anymore.

I've had mixed results with Hornady's QC but once they resolved my issue it's been good.

ADG is good stuff. I’ve heard good things about Peterson brass and am about to give some a try in my 6.5 Sherman

ADG is good stuff. I’ve heard good things about Peterson brass and am about to give some a try in my 6.5 Sherman
Which Sherman Brock? That will be a real fun rifle no doubt.

Last edited:
When I was loading a lot I normally got about 5 rds out of a case and the primer pocket's were loose, I like hotter loads. What I didn't find was much difference in which brass I used other than military brass I never got the accuracy out of other than LC Match brass. I tried Norma, Federal, Win, Rem and a number of other's over the years and just never noticed an advantage of one over the other, at least so far as hunting ammo went. But did find one huge advantage in those days and that was brass I could buy close to home It was always Winchester or Remington. These days I see different brands and though Win and Rem are always still there, they have one great advantage for me. They are not as expensive as the other's. I still tinker some with other brass but never go looking for it. Have one box of factory Federal ammo that I'll probably never shoot. Problem is it's loaded with 140gr partitions and I don't care for partitions. Someone gave it to me years ago! I have used Federal brass in the past and found nothing wrong with it I can remember. Used to think Norma was about as good as you could do but try and find it when you need it! Hornady, Nosler and other's like them are simply to expensive for me but probably good brass if you can afford it. One thing I discovered about all loading components is the best of it is determined more by who ya talk to rather than quality! Especially bullet's. Some guy's just can't do without the latest and greatest premium bullet and the old cheap cup and core bullet's keep right on doing their job, depending of course on who you talk to!

I have had good luck with RP brass and this summer i picked up 200 rounds of Barnes. Made by Remington, seems to be pretty good stuff.

Just my 5c but I quit buying hi dolla brass when I invested in tools for match prepping brass. Weigh, fire, trim, prim pock, neck turn, Flash hole, etc. I enjoy doing it too.

I have a bunch of 300 WM brass and some dies that I need to get rid of if anyone is interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back