Quail Opener!

Hunting here can be downright dangerous, not only because of the snakes.
When a Quail is shot and wounded it will run as fast and far as it can
before finding a snake hole or a big nasty growth of cactus to hide in.
Maybe this year I should give the "bird dogs" a try.
They will probably end up retrieving a pile of snakes... 💥
RING AROUNG THE ROSIE 20'.jpgCLUSTER OF ROADRUNNERS.jpg

Decided to throw a wild game dinner night with a couple close friends as the season is about to wrap up. Lots of quail and other birds shot this season!

Quail Poppers
Roasted Pheasant
Instapot Duck
Deer Steaks

Attachments

• Wild Game.jpg
    Wild Game.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • Deer Steak.jpg
    Deer Steak.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • Quail Poppers.jpg
    Quail Poppers.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Upland is a welcome reprieve from big game. It’s nice to not feel rushed to get out and hunt and just walk around until you hear that buzz of flight.

Question for those of you with experience hunting gambel. Is it worth looking in the mountains of Arizona off the desert floor to get away from people?

if, by mountains, you mean the pine forests - I have never seen quail at that elevation. You can find quail in the junipers in the lower elevations.

if, by mountains, you mean the pine forests - I have never seen quail at that elevation. You can find quail in the junipers in the lower elevations.
I'm was thinking about the hills between 3500 to 5000 ft, it appears most pressure is focused lower in the washes, never hunted quail,but will be soon

I'm was thinking about the hills between 3500 to 5000 ft, it appears most pressure is focused lower in the washes, never hunted quail,but will be soon
All the quail from above were killed at 3000 or above, although high desert terrain, not pine trees

You best get out there soon,
Gambels season ends on Superbowl Sunday. 💥

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back