Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Punk Rock Hunt Talkers

I grew up in a small town with an outsized influence from an Air Force base. One thing was punk rock and skateboarding. Any one else listen to 80's - 90's punk?

You bet bud! I was born in central California and my old man moved me to Bozeman at 14. One of the few California things left about me is I’m still a punk skater 😂

Been to many Vans Warped tours and others shows.. went on a punk rock cruise to the Bahamas (Salty Dog cruise) and got to meet a ton of band members… my sons first punk show was just a couple months ago and we got pulled up on stage for pennywise. Lots of stories! When I was like 6 my dad got me a shirt signed by Joe Escalante from the Vandals and i shredded the heck outta that shirt. Wish id of kept it now! Lol

You bet bud! I was born in central California and my old man moved me to Bozeman at 14. One of the few California things left about me is I’m still a punk skater 😂

Been to many Vans Warped tours and others shows.. went on a punk rock cruise to the Bahamas (Salty Dog cruise) and got to meet a ton of band members… my sons first punk show was just a couple months ago and we got pulled up on stage for pennywise. Lots of stories! When I was like 6 my dad got me a shirt signed by Joe Escalante from the Vandals and i shredded the heck outta that shirt. Wish id of kept it now! Lol
That's awesome. I saw many shows in Indianapolis in the 90's. Subhumans, Agent Orange, Misfits, etc. I love a wide breadth of music but early punk is still at the top!

Last edited:
Late 90’s 95/96/97/98 maybe a little earlier. showcase theatre Corona Ca.

voodoo glow skulls/guttermouth/avail

Can’t think of all the others. Damn that place was badass as a teenager. Think it don’t exist anymore.

Misfits and Rancid as well

like half my crew were punk skaters and half were metal. Rowdy Crew. lol. So we thought.

Then the kids came and Toby Keith and Tim McGraw it became lol. Damn how did I get here.

Last edited:
I was in the BMX/Mongoose, surf / bogey board (Morey Mach 77 Team Rider Huntington to Zuma), ski (Mountain High to Heavenly) Glen Plake/Warren Miller flicks, turned 125 / 250cc, Crusty Demons era of the 80's - early 90's. On into the rice rockets. (Hurricane 1000 with rear hard tire burn outs... All for sheer stupidity and partying. Haha! Wow! This thread sparked some serious reminiscing!
It pumped us up.
Judas Priest, Ramones, all sweet. Clash and Sex Pistols. And a different breed within - NOFX, Pennywise, Vandals (Nice one - @INMT !), Rancid, Bad Religion, on and on.

Pennywise was bad ass! Bro Hymn spoke to us misfits.

Last edited:
Just went to Social D/Bad Religion last week, man that was a great show. Skate punk is still in heavy rotation on my ipod, with a heavy dose of third wave ska since I was a bit of a band nerd in those years. Pennywise, NOFX, Rancid, Anti-Flag, Descendents, Street Dogs, Tilt, Downfall, OpIv, Lagwagon, Millencolin, No Use For a Name, etc.

I was in the BMX/Mongoose, surf / bogey board (Morey Mach 77 Team Rider Huntington to Zuma), ski (Mountain High to Heavenly) Glen Plake/Warren Miller flicks, turned 125 / 250cc, Crusty Demons era of the 80's - early 90's. On into the rice rockets. (Hurricane 1000 with rear hard tire burn outs... All for sheer stupidity and partying. Haha! Wow! This thread sparked some serious reminiscing!
It pumped us up.
Judas Priest, Ramones, all sweet. Clash and Sex Pistols. And a different breed within - NOFX, Pennywise, Vandals (Nice one - @INMT !), Rancid, Bad Religion, on and on.

Pennywise was bad ass! Bro Hymn spoke to us misfits.
Both of the two main versions of Bro Hymn really speak to me, its a sad song with a sad surrounding story. When it comes on my playlist, I take the time to stop and remember the friends I've lost. The Interrupters are a much more modern band, but have come heavily into my rotation in the last few years. They are more on the ska end of the spectrum, but their song 'Room With a View' does the same thing.

Just went to Social D/Bad Religion last week, man that was a great show. Skate punk is still in heavy rotation on my ipod, with a heavy dose of third wave ska since I was a bit of a band nerd in those years. Pennywise, NOFX, Rancid, Anti-Flag, Descendents, Street Dogs, Tilt, Downfall, OpIv, Lagwagon, Millencolin, No Use For a Name, etc.

Man Mike Ness. Loved this movie as a teenager. Hard to believe he’s still kicking it.

Oh hell yeah. I was in junior & high school during the old Lookout Records milieu and saw a ton of those bands when they were on tour. Hung out in punk bars and went to DIY shows all through college and beyond. Even saw the Gorilla Biscuits play the very last show ever at CBGB. Have an ancient Black Flag tattoo or two. Still listen to a ton of stuff from the old CA/NY/DC scenes.

Loved being a part of that culture, and that it’s very much informed the person I am today.

Sadly, I’ve still never been to a show at 924 Gilman though.

Man Mike Ness. Loved this movie as a teenager. Hard to believe he’s still kicking it.
He had a bout of throat cancer a year ago or so, his voice sounds older and rougher now, but still one of the best to ever do it. I love all his work, especially the two solo albums, the man is a living legend. I have "Another State of Mind" on DVD such a great glimpse into the time, I'm too young to have been there, I was 5 in 1984.

Last edited:
like half my crew were punk skaters and half were metal. Rowdy Crew. lol. So we thought.

Then the kids came and Toby Keith and Tim McGraw it became lol. Damn how did I get here.
Haha! Wow! We jammed out on a spread of pumped music! Nirvana, Metallica/Warrant, Oingo Boingo (Dead Man's Party), Ledoux (Copenhagen)! / Alabama, think Chesney did his gay shirtless cover cassette though his music made up for it... Beastie Boys, heck - even Journey, Boston, Cars, Styx, Bryan Adams,
We were all over the place! Had a bike track that wrapped around the arena in Acton / Agua Dulce. Lived in the cubby hole of my horse trailer and we threw some crazy keggers! YMCA lifeguard and In n Out Burger employee.
Age of invincibility and innocence!

Haha! Man the great days of living life with little care for the world! Shotgun on the back of our pickup windows at school... Paint gun field (Bushmaster with speed triggers).

Too true @Doublecluck !

Both of the two main versions of Bro Hymn really speak to me, its a sad song with a sad surrounding story. When it comes on my playlist, I take the time to stop and remember the friends I've lost. The Interrupters are a much more modern band, but have come heavily into my rotation in the last few years. They are more on the ska end of the spectrum, but their song 'Room With a View' does the same thing.
This is where Bro Hymn sings to us misfits though we lamented in a celebration of his life more than a morbid sense.
We age and reality creeps up to smack us in the face. Buddy went off a corner of Tujunga /Angeles Crest hwy, as we were skipping rear tires for tighter turns. Must have hit the guard rail doing 90+. That woke us a bit.

Oh hell yeah. I was in junior & high school during the old Lookout Records milieu and saw a ton of those bands when they were on tour. Hung out in punk bars and went to DIY shows all through college and beyond. Even saw the Gorilla Biscuits play the very last show ever at CBGB. Have an ancient Black Flag tattoo or two. Still listen to a ton of stuff from the old CA/NY/DC scenes.

Loved being a part of that culture, and that it’s very much informed the person I am today.

Sadly, I’ve still never been to a show at 924 Gilman though.

Same. SST. Alternative Tentacles. Great crew growing up and definitely influenced the person I am today. Don’t see many liberty spikes, dyed hair or leather jackets these days!

Back