MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Puffy pants

Muskeez

Looking for recommendations on a pair of puffy pants for glassing in cold weather and ice fishing. I'd rather have a synthetic than down (i think) for wash-ability?
Thanks for any help!

I have the first light and sg. The sg are warmer than the first light and I like them a bit more. The first light are great though.

I have a pair of Kifaru Lost Park Pants. Synthetic, and can be overly warm. Definitely not something you’d want to hike for more than 100 yards in.

Another thumbs up for the First Lite Uncompahgre pants. I’ve spent hours glassing in them in pretty cold/windy conditions and they kept me warm. I really like that I can zip them on over my pants without taking my boots off.

I used the FL for a few outings. They're nice, not great. Despite my apprehension, my UA puffy pants have been stellar. Down. Very warm, not too baggy.

No complaints with my First Lite puffys. I use them quite a lot. Easy to put on. Haven’t figured out how to put them on while in a tree saddle yet though…

FWIW I have nothing to compare them against. Only pair of puffy pants I have ever had.

This is a piece of gear I'm definitely adding to the arsenal this year. Borrowed a pair last year and GAME changer

Maybe an Alaska thing, but never owned any puffy pants. Puffy jackets yes! We do sit and spot for hours, all day. Rarely need long johns, I wear insulated pants, wool pants.

We have Kuiu. They’re great. Just be sure you get something with full side zips, cuz you’re not hiking anywhere in puffy pants without sweating your butt off.

Alpine ops ridge reaper I think. I think UA only makes one model. If you wait around, they should go ins ale for around $100.
Found it. Thank you! I think I will give this one a try. I try not to look like a walking billboard for any one company, and this will add one more to my getup.

I had the first light ones and they were good. Upgraded to the stone glacier and they are much better! I don’t go on a hunt without them

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back